16' Series Hello - Picking Up Expanda today!!

Crossy

Dec 3, 2017
Canberra
Sold our 2016 Swan Outback after a year - awesome camper trailer but found we are overdoing the set up and pack down thing when moving frequently.
We had an Eagle years ago and absolutely loved it, never saw ourselves with a 'van' back then.
Pickup 16.49-3 OB today, probably would have preferred the 17ft but have a Pajero (2016) and it just wont tow the 17ft OB legally.
Got the Paj as it was a good buy to tow the Swan!!, you live and learn. Really pleased with it but just a shame on the towing weight capability, still, the16.49-3 coupled with the Paj should be a good combination – I’ll know when we pick up.
Been reading this forum for 2 weeks, loads of awesome discussions and info, have more to discuss on solar etc - but will do that after reading the manuals that come tomorrow.
First up will be adding 'portable' solar panels, comes standard with one 120W on the roof (I think), need to figure out if I can just wire additional portables in parallel into the existing regulator or not, from reading so far I think so.
Oh yeah, also need to look at dropping the table and installing a bed converter or similar so we can 'spread' a bit more on rainy days - brand new van and the list has started - that's half the fun though.
Crossy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well welcome to the mob @Crossy , new van and a new website to post pics of it.......heaps of reading here and you'll certainly find some good mods to do.. While some like to plug portable panels into the van set up, I find plugging direct to battery using the portable panels controller means the panel can be used elsewhere .

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome @Crossy
so

where are the piccies....................................

pictures.jpg

Crossy

Dec 3, 2017
Canberra
Fair comment, we are in Shellharbour on our first trip and piccies are coming. Delay on picking up the van as the tap in the shower was leaking when we did the handover. Jayco fixed it the next day so we could still get away this weekend.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Shellharbour...........................I used to cross many, many paddocks to go to the beach there from Oak Flats, when there was only 2 roads, no pub at the Flats either, now a Colourbond jungle......................

I'm happy to sit back and await piccies of your new rig, not impatient like those Wait Awhilers............................lol,lol,lol.

Crossy

Dec 3, 2017
Canberra
Piccies of Expanda on Maiden Voyage.
No Issues and very happy with everything but last 2 pics show rubber seal I inserted between shower cabinet and the skirt above. Don't understand the gap that's there, lets any water run down the cabinet on the outside, easy fix though
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nothing better than that first run, well the second comes close............................interesting about that gap and a good idea, don't think I had one on the 14.44 but i'm sure there is supposed to be a panel fitted, could be wrong though, checked some old pics and my shower wall went to just below the frame.............some things are better to fix yourself than bugger around with pushing a warranty job.......
The mountains in the background look familiar, what camp ground were you at ???

Crossy

Dec 3, 2017
Canberra
Nothing better than that first run, well the second comes close............................interesting about that gap and a good idea, don't think I had one on the 14.44 but i'm sure there is supposed to be a panel fitted, could be wrong though, checked some old pics and my shower wall went to just below the frame.............some things are better to fix yourself than bugger around with pushing a warranty job.......
The mountains in the background look familiar, what camp ground were you at ???

Shellharbour Beachside Tourist Park, right down the front on the rocks / beach

Reactions: Drover

kayg

Dec 3, 2013
Woodcroft, SA
Our Discovery had the same gap above the combo shower. I think it is normal. Mine just ended up getting wet and collecting dirt and dust.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Shellharbour Beachside Tourist Park, right down the front on the rocks / beach

Doesn't look like it's changed, the pool wouldn't still be the king sized rock pool though nowadays ??? Used to have to watch it after a big tide, sometimes things that bite would get washed in. Might have to swing by for a look at the old stompin grounds next time down south, still rellies and mates around the place.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Welcome @Crossy Always good to see another local on here.
Very interesting about the shower and the mod to fix it, will look it that one. We haven't had time to get ours out yet busy working.