Hello from a Newbie

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
IMG_4332.JPG
Hi all,
My hubby Pete, Border Collie Henri and I are into the first week of a 6 month trip up (& back down) the east coast.
We have a 2015 23ft Base station because we are both bike riders. On our longer trips we only take Pete's Triump Explorer 1200. It gives us a bit of breathing space apart plus the advantage that he can go and find interesting places for us to stay or visit without having to drag the van along.
We have taken the van on several long weekend trips around Victoria since we collected it late 2015 and last year we were able to do a two month trip - taking in parts of Vic, Nsw, Nt and home through SA. This was about 12,000klms in total with Pete doing an additional 2000klms on the bike. It was way to short timewise but such a lot of fun.
We tow the van with a Ford Ranger WildTrack 2015 which has been chipped.
At home we have left 2 supposedly responsible children (plus one g/friend) who have moved back in to look after the property and cat. Fingers crossed they don't get to comfortable.
We are currently at Mallacoota on the VIC coast after a night of 81mm. Lake Wallaga looks like it could be our next spot whenever we decide to move on.
Looking forward to read g lots of helpful posts
Jane

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @Janeymck, qite a few Basestation owners on board and i sounds like you have a great system with the bike. Keep us posted to where you are, maybe some members could meet up along the way.But we need pictures to believe what is happening. :D

Reactions: Janeymck

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
:welcome:...............you will certainly find some company for your Basestation here, dig around on the site plenty of information as well as laughs.
We like all sorts of questions, pictures and stories of your trips, many here do something called work so pics of sunny days and beaches always helps them get thru the day...............................there's no stupid question so ask away.

Henri looks to be very cool.

Reactions: Janeymck

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Welcome, always lots of help available here. Looks like you have already done quite a few 'improvements' to your base station already especially at the front end. How have you got that set up?
Remember that the 'rule' here is "it didn't happen if you don't supply the pics". That goes for mods as well as trips.
Love trip blogs as it gives us all ideas about where we might want to go.
Cheers

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Hi all thanks for the warm Welcome My Name is Pete Jane's other half
When we bought the van we ordered it with the extended draw bar as i wanted to fit storage up front to balance the van out
Im happy to put pics up but should i start a new Post to show all of our improvements Regards Pete