16' Series Hello all, good news, have jist purchased our new 16.49.3 OB

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Well after 3 months of owning a jayco eagle that we bought off the floor(wanted a panda though our commodore couldnt tow one as if was a manual), we decided to upgrade and buy a new nx pajero. my wife then decided she wanted rooftop aircon and after a few calls we found out it wasnt possible as the roof didnt have the h frame, 2 weeks ago driving past jayco sydney i spotted an eagle just like ours with aircon, being unable to stop i called the wife and told her she should call and see what it would cost us to trade in and pay the differemce for a newby.. 30 minutes later a recieved a call to say it was sold... damn.. well another 30 minutes later i get a call to say she had got a price on a panda.. long story short-ish 2 days later we are the new owners of a 16.49.3 OB!!!!
And the good news is that jayco sydney went above and beyond we are pickin it up in 12 days, 29-12 2 days before our 3 weeks trip.. so excited and have soent hours reading through threads and thankyou all for driving me mad with your mods and advice.
Shawn

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-17-21-25-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-17-21-25-42.png
    868.4 KB · Views: 228

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Happy days.
You've saved the dreaded waiting time and can play with it while away.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Delano

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Happy days.
You've saved the dreaded waiting time and can play with it while away.

Enjoy!
Thanks mate, yeah dont know how other's can wait 6 or more months.. we only have 3 weeks from purchase and im being impatient.. atleast she has got her air con and toilet now

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
Congrats @gleeso
Only 4 weeks wait,
They must have had one ordered for stock.
Did you order any extras or make any changes/ colour choices?
Or was it a case of this is what you get?

Where's your first trip?

Colin Exley

Sep 2, 2015
Perth WA
Great choice. We just got the same spec picked her up Monday. I've noticed quite a few people on this forum start with the pop up and quickly upgrade, don't no why they seem a good piece of kit

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can feel the excitement up here, thats how I want to get my next rig, no way I can wait months.

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
@Delano yes it must have been.. was oretty nuch a case of thi is what u get, but that suits me just fine, no waitong time and exactly what we wanted anyway. Comes with full annexe, fusion stereo, tv dvd, hot water, tap on draw bar, bed ends, air con, solar, batteries.
Comes with the fabric we were after and the bench top, another thing which is great is the spare is mounted underneath near the step, as ive noticed on earlier models its always the first thing to be moved..
First mods will be shelves in wardobe, mount table carrier in rear, protection underneath to piping, suspension, table for external telly, all great ideas found on here..
11 DAYS!!

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
First trip will be a quick three week trip up to forster and norah heads, and another short one in march, and hopefully, fingers crossed, a couple of months away late next year.. problem is work, and getting time off, if not i will be sleeping in the panda out the front

Reactions: Delano

muzza

Aug 4, 2014
bundaberg qld
You will love it! !!!
Our panda has changed our lives.
No more 4hour setup like the tent more like 20 mins and it's sitting down with a cold one and enjoying it with the missus instead of the cold shoulder and dreading packup.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Aaaaahhhhhh memories!

Couldn't agree more.

Now you can sit comfortably and watch all the other poor sods who have a longer setup and the dreaded packup.

Have to say we were definately inspired when we saw someone pack up in no time, in the rain, and we lagged behind by about three hours and still had wet gear. Really got us thinking and planning and changing.

Reactions: gleeso and Delano

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Yes the dreaded pack up, we used to spend hours packing the trailer then unpacking the trailer at the campsite to set up in the stinking heat or in the pooring rain. Then get home and having to set the tent back up to dry out with everything else. Then theres the Eagle. Much easier and quicker than the old tent setup, well you think that until you see a caravan turn up and while your still winding the Eagle up you turn around and the caravan is already set up. That will be us now. Can't wait....

Reactions: Delano and Smirke

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Thanks @Tricky yes we r both very excited and our daughter, like us has forgotten about xmas and is counting down to changeover instead.. onky 10 days to go!!!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Great choice and great luck for you! ( Feel sorry for the poor sod who missed out though, they made great choices)
You have a great van with all the best installations.
Enjoy!

Reactions: gleeso