Electrical Has anyone installed a Ctek Smartpass in their Van?

Feb 28, 2017
Perth
Hi all,
I'm wanting to charge up the battery in the caravan as quickly as possible from the 4WD while driving or parked up. I already have a Ctek D250 which works well (20A) but with the possibility of 140A with a Smartpass I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so how did you get the amps from the alternator to the van?
I look forward to hearing from anyone with some input, positive or negative.
Regards
Chris

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
If you have solar on the roof why bother also your battery will only charge up at a certain rate, depending how much charge is stored it will only take so much, try to push a lot and the cables will just heat up, I'm sure you will find the D250 will be charging it as quick as it needs, anymore just a waste of $$ and power....................... In this case more is not always going to do any good, if it actually pushed 140 into it you would have to wait for the battery to land before you could use it..

Make sure you have decent cable 6 or 8 B&S on a direct run from tug to battery via an Anderson before you do anything, standard Jayco wiring run won't be allowing the D250 to supply a decent charge anyway................

Joevee

Mar 24, 2018
Hoppers crossing
I would be concerned that your battery will boil with that many amps into it.
Most batteries have a preferred charge rate and if you exceed it you will damage your battery. I would check the battery specifications and see if it can handle the charge before wasting my money.