GROUP MEET 2016

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Awesome guys. Anybody know what star that is in @17triton pic? It's usually the first and the brightest

image.jpeg

Reactions: 17triton and DRW

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
or the Melbourne sun trying to find a place to shine.
Or my lotto cheque ....lost in space

But it is a good piccie.

Reactions: Drover

Eeram55

Jul 4, 2011
South Western Victoria
Hi All,

By the way if anyone got some pic's of the new truck in action could you pm me as i would like to get a copy of them if possible.

Cheers Colin.

Glad you got home ok Colin, and got the fuel issue sorted. What ended up being the issue in the end? Didn't get many photos of the "Beast" in action but have attached the two that it featured in. :) Thanks again for allowing us to share the ride your car - it was a great day. Didn't realise until after I posted the photos - that the panorama one has @17Triton with 3 legs. :)
DSC05400.jpg
DSC05463.jpg

Last edited:

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Glad you got home ok Colin, and got the fuel issue sorted. What ended up being the issue in the end? Didn't get many photos of the "Beast" in action but have attached the two that it featured in. :) Thanks again for allowing us to share the ride your car - it was a great day. Didn't realise until after I posted the photos - that the panorama one has @17Triton with 3 legs. :)
View attachment 45364 View attachment 45365
Found the tyres to be the issue, did some testing around home and have just come back from a couple of days away with standard size tyres and i can afford to go away again. The best figures around home on a trip up the H/way was 11.9lt/100km with the big tyres, since changing over to the original tyres just a quick trip up the H/way & back of 60km's had it down to 9.2 and still dropping. The trip away over the last 4 days which was through mostly hilly (big hills) with the van and its doing 16.5lt/200km, so on the flats it will probably get better again.
I have got a few pic's of the Beast but not a lot so if any has some more or video it would be greatly appreciated.
It was a pleasure having you both along for the day and i'm glad that you both enjoyed it..

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Thought I had better put some pics up on here rather than on my own trip reports.
Big thanks for @Smergen for organising the event we all had a great trip at a great location with great people..
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

Stokes Lookout

IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG

@17triton giving his best impression of the emu running at his car before it got cleaned up. Sorry mate.

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Lunch at the Parachilna Pub was fantastic.
IMG_0543.JPG

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Some great pics there @Eeram55 and @Tone. I'm still coming down from the high of the weekend and trying to recover from quite the hectic couple of weeks. Pics and trip report are pending though!

Reactions: Tone