GROUP MEET 2016

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Is it dishonest of me if I omitted to mention to Mrs Soaring that this would be an Expandas Down under meet when I suggested we head to the Flinders Rangers?
She does call herself the Expanda widow... ;)

To Quote Baldrick " It Sounds like a Cunning Plan Mr Blackadder"
Must admit I did consider this option myself but thought it wouldn't be worth the grief if, no, when! my deception was discovered, :brick: the only condition on the trip was that we stopped a couple of nights here and there on the way and didn't just drive straight there :car:

Reactions: Soaring and dagree

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I haven't been to the Flinders since I was a teenager. It has been on the to do list though. Twice we camped in Chambers gorge for over a week as well as explored around the ranges, a truly great part of Australia.

Reactions: Wanda and mfexpanda

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Easter is a good time cause it's wet and bloody crowded anywhere near the coast usually.

Reactions: Bluey

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
At the end of the day, I doubt, like always with group meets, we're unlikely to find a date that suits all. Particularly if we are trying to parallel school holidays.

Based on our experiences in Robe this year, the week after Easter was great as the place became a ghost town. I think the week after Easter (middle weekend of holidays) would be ideal.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Just saying, Flinders is a fair way from QLD??
Having said that, we have taken the van down already as mother in law lives in Pt Pirie, but something for us northerners would be nice, unless the west australians are coming as well??