Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I watched it live (retirement benefits). It was a very impressive and moving speech. I went out to the march at Canungra and as usual, there was a very big turnout with the army base nearby. The army always provides a good turnout of serving members to back the local veterans. An emotional day. 8-)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Next time we are down this way I will have no choice but to head to the big smoke, will have to do a relly visit for sure......so will certainly be able to catch up @Bluey

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
"And the band played Walzting Matilda"

Marched with some soldiers from WW2 today, a couple of Viet Vets and a Sailor from the recent conflicts at a wonderful Ceremony at Boort Victoria..............was made so welcome by the locals and well fed in true country style afterwards.......................

Lest We Forget...................................

View attachment 60350
Jeans, no tie, and those boots my god. No spit polish seen there in years I suspect. At Attention does not look like that !!! Lift your game, an incident report and you can clean the dunnies

Reactions: DRW and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Jeans, no tie, and those boots my god. No spit polish seen there in years I suspect. At Attention does not look like that !!! Lift your game, an incident report and you can clean the dunnies

I was a sailor we didn't wear ties ..........................no spit polish and lovin it, only time the boots get worn now is twice a year at Anzac and Viet Nam Vets Day.
It's getting flamin cold down here time to head north, follow the QLD Wannabee's.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Camped by a lovely river with nice clean water, heap of others with their new rigs, I think lessons should be given not only in towing but in a bit of camp etiquette. most have no idea how to do a fire that doesn't smoke the place out, they have no idea about camping and have tunnel vision....Would hate to be the neighbour of some of these dim wits........okay rant over, just glad I'm a country boy I can tell you.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your really roughing it at the moment old mate for sure, I take my hat off to people who can do that sort of communal commute, I don't even like car pools, though in my old line it wasn't possible but did the up by 0500, feed horses,chooks, jump in trusty Brumby for the 29km low flying to work, 200 yds of 60k then 100, jump in truck and play in the dust, dirt and mud of farms till some time way past sunset then back into the Brumbette and fly for home, after mandatory beer at the Top Pub. Then do it all again the next day, thankfully no riff raff or other vermin.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Goodness me, it's a chilly morning on the Cooloola Coast, winter is here with a vengeance, 9 deg on our verandah at 0600, may have to wear sandles instead of thongs today.

Reactions: DRW