Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Son in law who's using our place for the holidays says the weather up Rainbow Beach is blowing a gale, beaches closed and the sand is missing with 1m drop off at the usual beach entry, looked on surf can and looks yuck, for sure some idiots will drown their vehicles when there is no beach to drive on.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
if you want to pay $345.11 to SAI Global for the Australian Standard for filling Gas Bottles
it is
AS/NZS 1596 Appendix J

https://infostore.saiglobal.com/store/Details.aspx?ProductID=1728387
At great personal expense both financially and in read time heres the answer your all looking for (thanks to @bigcol nominating the STD ... and thats not the STD my old girlfiend rang about)

Current as of today .....

Fills are by weight or volume

Australian/New Zealand Standard
The storage and handling of LP Gas
AS/NZS 1596:2014

11.11.2 Venting
Gas or liquid shall not be vented to the atmosphere to assist in transferring contents of one
tank to another; however, the blowing-down of hoses after conclusion of transfer operations
is permitted.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There should be more as a transfer from a tank without pump assist will not allow a full tank of liquid therefore venting must be carried out, as with all gazzetted regulations reading of the whole volume including additional updates needs to be carried out to ensure a migraine is enabled.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
your tank (9kg van bottle, 45Kg big house bottle, 25L forklift bottle & any 80L / 120L CAR gas tank) can only be filled to 80% of the volume of the tank

thats just the way it is

well, the way they manufacture the tanks anyway

also why you should NEVER fill your car gas tank from a home bottle

Reactions: Crusty181

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
At great personal expense both financially and in read time heres the answer your all looking for (thanks to @bigcol nominating the STD ... and thats not the STD my old girlfiend rang about)

Current as of today .....

Fills are by weight or volume

Australian/New Zealand Standard
The storage and handling of LP Gas
AS/NZS 1596:2014

11.11.2 Venting
Gas or liquid shall not be vented to the atmosphere to assist in transferring contents of one
tank to another; however, the blowing-down of hoses after conclusion of transfer operations
is permitted.

your tha man....................................................

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
By full tank I was meaning 80% anyway.............but if decanting the bottles will just eqaulize pressure thats why the vent is opened or with scales the vent is closed and the liquid propane is pumped in under high pressure.........like refrigerants the willy nilly releasing of LPG to atmosphere is frowned upon, but you can burn as much wood as you like.

Reactions: bigcol and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you mean by use of the auto gas bowser, yes their is, if by their gas bottle refill set up, it's not possible to refill them that way, probably a reg to say no, the cost would be horrendous anyway.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
There should be more as a transfer from a tank without pump assist will not allow a full tank of liquid therefore venting must be carried out, as with all gazzetted regulations reading of the whole volume including additional updates needs to be carried out to ensure a migraine is enabled.
As much as I understand about legislative interpretation when a Section contains "shall", its generally all encompassing. If there are exceptions it would generally say "should", and would often refer you to those Sections it doesn't apply. That legal speaking'ness play on words is a pretty definitive thing really.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You hiving me a headache.... I'll pass, as I don't care, I don't change my Cat Converter and my catch can vents not into engine and I paint fences with sump oil and diesel....

Reactions: DRW and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Found another spot to feed the fish, way better than regulation BS............no headache unless the beer gets warm...lol,lol.

IMG_20180407_135456.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good Afternoon workers, Monday tomorrow...........................................sitting by Lake Lascelles with the lovely sound of a nice V8 dragging a bare foot skier around someone who can Ski, a pleasure to watch him accompanied by the harmonics of V8 power..................drowns out the fella strumming his guitar and makes me forget about some drongo with a smoky fire................................light a smelly fire I can fire up my genny and not feel guilty.

Only a few days left in Vic, visit the Holden Shrine in Echuca later in week then away to the North we go, weather has been so nice, except for the wind one week, surely a blizard is coming in a few weeks time.

If you get up my way @Bluey I'll give it my dust proofing job, must work as The Tardis and Big Mal both don't get dust inside, just sealed a lot of cable runs, no vents sealed but I think the magic is plugging the drains.......

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Good Afternoon workers, Monday tomorrow...........................................sitting by Lake Lascelles with the lovely sound of a nice V8 dragging a bare foot skier around someone who can Ski, a pleasure to watch him accompanied by the harmonics of V8 power..................drowns out the fella strumming his guitar and makes me forget about some drongo with a smoky fire................................light a smelly fire I can fire up my genny and not feel guilty.

Only a few days left in Vic, visit the Holden Shrine in Echuca later in week then away to the North we go, weather has been so nice, except for the wind one week, surely a blizard is coming in a few weeks time.

If you get up my way @Bluey I'll give it my dust proofing job, must work as The Tardis and Big Mal both don't get dust inside, just sealed a lot of cable runs, no vents sealed but I think the magic is plugging the drains.......
Im a bit upset you are so close to the worlds most liveable city, and your not coming down to see us and experience the magnificence that is Melbourne, home of the Crusty clan.

Reactions: Bluey and G Daddy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So's Chris.......I just have this aversion to cities, big towns as well, lived at Ashwood for nearly a year once. 1976.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We very nearly got down there as for Sunday probably will be at Temora Aviation Museum for the weekends flying, heading North again as it looks like winter will be here in a week...........................Lightning Ridge the following weekend, maybe, giving Mennindee a miss this time, had enough of dust.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
"And the band played Walzting Matilda"

Marched with some soldiers from WW2 today, a couple of Viet Vets and a Sailor from the recent conflicts at a wonderful Ceremony at Boort Victoria..............was made so welcome by the locals and well fed in true country style afterwards.......................

Lest We Forget...................................

Boort.jpg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC