Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gladly, had enough, now drizzling...stopped long enough for a mob of us to go to the range and make some noise then after we packed up it started again.......our bridge didn't go under which was a surprise.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
you want some rain..............

Broome had some, I'm sure they will let you have some of it

Gt Northern Hwy, south of Broome
Gt Northern Hwy Broome.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh joy, the water on the shower floor in Big Mal isn't splash from heavy rain thru the roof vent, had a squiz up top and the damn thing has a crack in it, of course it's a vent system which must have been made for Coromals to fit the roof of the stupid shower cubicle, fan, lights, vent all in the one module, did have a remote for the lights and fan until I turned it into a manual job, previous owner had a box stashed under the bed out of sight which I found, the spare parts in that box save the day again............replacement vent is sitting on the bench ready for some dry weather...............................plans are being made that in time the dumb plastic vent will be replaced by a 250mm alloy job, just need to make sure it will all fit together...............at least all this rain with some good heavy downpours mean it's water tight, well until some NSW roads shake it too pieces again...................

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We have sunshine up here now, oh joy.......................ended up with a total of around 280 mm in the gauge for this last little lot...............

Reactions: 1DayIll

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I dont believe it its raining well only drizzel but its wet dont think i will go home early wont be that much but its a nice change its so dry here
Picking up van on weekend 550 bucks
Underbody service which included alighnment 4 new wheel bearing general check over bareings where 60 each not bad i think im happy with that price i think jayco would be more at least i know now its all good as far as under it goes
What pressure do most of us put in the wheels i have around 50 psi in my car when towing what about the van
50psi is possible a bit high for the car; I run my van on 50psi but our van is 3 ton. Starting point for tyre pressure is to calculate it from the tyre embossed specs using the actual weight of the van. Then if your really keen fine tune that by the 4psi increase in tyre pressure between cool to tyre cruising temps

Reactions: 1DayIll

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
50psi is possible a bit high for the car; I run my van on 50psi but our van is 3 ton. Starting point for tyre pressure is to calculate it from the tyre embossed specs using the actual weight of the van. Then if your really keen fine tune that by the 4psi increase in tyre pressure between cool to tyre cruising temps

Similar, mainly because our vans weigh similar. If towing and everything is sticking to the black top (and it's a reasonable journey) then I'll put everything up to 50. But the car stays around 40-45 in commute mode to provide some comfort hitting Melbourne's beautiful potholes.

One consideration, as @Crusty181 said, is tyre specs. Both my van and car have upgraded rubber, both LT variants and both capable of higher than standard pressures. When it comes to tyres, I worry advising of any "one size fits all" approach.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Similar, mainly because our vans weigh similar. If towing and everything is sticking to the black top (and it's a reasonable journey) then I'll put everything up to 50. But the car stays around 40-45 in commute mode to provide some comfort hitting Melbourne's beautiful potholes.

One consideration, as @Crusty181 said, is tyre specs. Both my van and car have upgraded rubber, both LT variants and both capable of higher than standard pressures. When it comes to tyres, I worry advising of any "one size fits all" approach.
Spot on, great point

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm trying to stay away from tyre pressure stuff as @Smergen covered it, there's no one size fits all...

Big Mal has Geolanders on, 265 70x16's, all four will max at 6ton, thats 1.5t per tyre at 80 psi cold, van max weight is 2.8t, hopefully lower than that normally say 2.5t, I have found about 48 - 50 psi cold it runs well, started off at about 38 psi and have slowly worked up to these figures as it rolls along nicely with no sort of drag, tread scour, just sits in behind, while The Ute being a heavy bugga most times and having some ordinary rubber on it runs at 44 around town and 48 on a trip, it possibly at about 2.8t , could be dreaming sometimes, by those figures you can assume absolutely nothing as my loadings and vehicle set up is individual.........by best advice is to start at a figure which approximates the weight of your van compared to the max tyre weight and work from there, mine is sort of half the tyre and I worked up from there............. mind you my Ute I just started at the plate figure and kept going up till the ride and handling was good, these Maxxis tyres quickly let you know when not happy with pressure.