Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I went for a knee deep walk at Kindy Beach here at Tin Can Bay this arvo, water nice, blue skies, slight breeze thought about taking the T shirt off for some sun but Mrs D warned me not too, there were old ladies present and the Ambo's were out of town.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I've been in shorts tee shirt and thongs all week, today in Brisbane it was 30 degrees and I had a work meeting with long pants and propper shirt (all in all its better than freezing I suppose)

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@DRW ....I had to go out the other night for dinner , long duds, footwear, shirt with collar, totally ruined the evening, my feet were not impressed..

@Boots in Action .........The old ladies of course, the water wasn't cold at all, in fact probably too warm for the Poms.......... Mrs D reckons the body beautifull hasn't been there for years....My daughter saw a pic of an 18 yr old Sailor just in shorts and asked who it was, took awhile to prove that the bloke with the six pack was your truly..... I wonder what happened to him ????? Six pack is now modernised into a 30 Pack...lol,lol,lol.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
had a lot of fun yesterday afternoon and today doing my tutorial on camper trailer roof cable replacement.

The mobile repair guy was really experienced and had it fixed in a little over an hour. Mind you, he had the advantage of yours truly who removed the bed and the boards so he had easy access to the mechanicals, and replaced them all after he left. In between, I got a great lesson in how to do it.
Funny how we balk at things we think we don't know. Found out that the magic swaging tool which put fear into me was none other than the same tool I had been using at BlazeAid for joining high tensile fencing wire. Easy peasy.

Introduced my neighbour to the concept of roof support poles which are a recent addition to new Jaycos after their serious roof mechanism recall some years ago. So, a trip to Bunnings to buy two broom handles and a pack of plastic feet, and hey presto two custom built gleaming white roof support poles.

I am confident that I can now fix this myself should it happen to my Penguin in the future. $60 for a swaging tool, $7 for some swages, and $20 for cable will be much more economical then $350. But I will probably take a couple of days to do what this chap did in one hour.

cheers
Mike

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi,
had a lot of fun yesterday afternoon and today doing my tutorial on camper trailer roof cable replacement.

The mobile repair guy was really experienced and had it fixed in a little over an hour. Mind you, he had the advantage of yours truly who removed the bed and the boards so he had easy access to the mechanicals, and replaced them all after he left. In between, I got a great lesson in how to do it.
Funny how we balk at things we think we don't know. Found out that the magic swaging tool which put fear into me was none other than the same tool I had been using at BlazeAid for joining high tensile fencing wire. Easy peasy.

Introduced my neighbour to the concept of roof support poles which are a recent addition to new Jaycos after their serious roof mechanism recall some years ago. So, a trip to Bunnings to buy two broom handles and a pack of plastic feet, and hey presto two custom built gleaming white roof support poles.

I am confident that I can now fix this myself should it happen to my Penguin in the future. $60 for a swaging tool, $7 for some swages, and $20 for cable will be much more economical then $350. But I will probably take a couple of days to do what this chap did in one hour.

cheers
Mike
Great stuff @mikerezny , I shall remember this post of yours, so be prepared to give me complete instructions should I need it in the future. Just a little thing about the support poles. Being broom handles, they tend to splinter if really loaded with a lot of weight. You might like to mention these substitutes instead of wooded supports - electrical conduit heavy type (orange). They are extra strong, don't wear or buckle and are clean and light weight. And more importantly cheaper than broom handles. I bought 5 metres at Bunnings for about $3.00 some time ago. And with white rubber tips (suitable for chair/table legs) , they really do the job. See attachment below.
P1120222.JPG

Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
@DRW ....I had to go out the other night for dinner , long duds, footwear, shirt with collar, totally ruined the evening, my feet were not impressed..

@Boots in Action .........The old ladies of course, the water wasn't cold at all, in fact probably too warm for the Poms.......... Mrs D reckons the body beautifull hasn't been there for years....My daughter saw a pic of an 18 yr old Sailor just in shorts and asked who it was, took awhile to prove that the bloke with the six pack was your truly..... I wonder what happened to him ????? Six pack is now modernised into a 30 Pack...lol,lol,lol.

Yes @Drover , it is great to remember how we all were in our prime. Was not afraid to expose my chest and gut in those athletic days. Dream on and on and on.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
My favourite banter thread needs a bump, have noticed that with the solar panels and connections getting a good clean, portable and fixed as well as my cables I'm getting decent charge rates, went over all connections for batteries, panels, cables, gave them a clean and getting good results.......lots of Victalians surround us at the moment....parked up near Kingaroy great area.
Be happy folks, work for retirement.

Hello @Drover , it was less than a month ago that you made this post about your favourite banter thread needing a bump. Well you have now received a few bumps around the head from your most cherished pair of "tech Heads" - "Booties and Mickey Mouse from down south"!! It appears that you may be punch drunk after all that info on Diodes. Sorry to remind you that anything on this friendly forum is able to be retrieved and used as evidence about your previous past. Unfortunately, you are going to have to put up with us as we are not going away. But we still love you!!!

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Great stuff @mikerezny , I shall remember this post of yours, so be prepared to give me complete instructions should I need it in the future. Just a little thing about the support poles. Being broom handles, they tend to splinter if really loaded with a lot of weight. You might like to mention these substitutes instead of wooded supports - electrical conduit heavy type (orange).
Hi,
We used metal poles that have a screw thread at the end for adding various attachments. $4.95 each. They seem to be about the same material as used in ones supplied by Jayco.
cheers
Mike

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
SE burbs of Melb is the place where you're guaranteed to find the temperature you can write your name on. This year we peaked at 44deg in Jan, and plummeted to 0 in June .... experience and official records suggest with our weather extremes this year we're not really trying, we can do better than that.