Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its not weather today but at port melbourne cfmeu for refreasher corse training day so not at work its full on today 8 till 1 oh yea to celebrate i drove cruiser in got here in style

Holidays, then off work because of weather, so you have to get retrained ???????

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not much fun digging around in lakes, when one side starts to slide just so scary.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Carnt start work to much water laying around the job after last nights rain so have to wait till de watering is done maybe an hr till we can start not my fault its the rules
Must make it difficult to shower. Imagine if they had that rule in the Navy ...

Reactions: Drover

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I worked on a pommy frigate during my apprenticeship at Garden Island. There was a sign outside the showers saying " Compulsory shower parade once a week" and we asked one of the sailor if it was a joke. He said no, it was true but you could get out of it if you knew how.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That was to make sure they washed all the canvas sail dust off themselves at least weekly...........

6d110a3682551103de7ad6cd9aa20127--royal-navy-pirate.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chartrock and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well Mudlo Rocks, Rainbow Beach caught another idiot trying get around when blind Freddy wouldn't.......pics from Rainbow Beach Towing...1550536230196-1966574224.jpg

Reactions: Bluey

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well, after nearly 11 weeks Mrs CR has finally made it home from hospital. She went in with stomach cramps, was diagnosed with a twisted bowel, had keyhole surgery to repair but due to scar tissue the bowel perforated. The problem was that this was not seen for five days so the body cavity filled with crap. So she was opened up all down the front and had to be pressure washed out. Six days in ICU then more than 5 weeks in a surgical ward where she was monitored for internal infections with 3 tubes inserted to drain infections and massive doses of antibiotics to kill any infections not drained. Drains finally removed but wearing a stoma bag she made it to rehab only to find she had blood clots in her lungs. Three attempts to discharge were thwarted by doctors or dieticians due to low electrolytes or dehydration. Finally got a call at 10:00 am to come and get her so I was in before they changed their mind again. Now the real work begins but at least I am not driving 50 Kms round trip every day and spending up 10 hours a day sitting. We spent our wedding anniversary, Christmas, New Year and Australia Day sitting in a ward. Not much fun.

Caravan will be sitting idle in its new shed for some time before it gets a run but we hope maybe to go local to the Broadwater or Tallebudgera CPs just to sit and vegetate. Onward and upward now.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Well, after nearly 11 weeks Mrs CR has finally made it home from hospital. She went in with stomach cramps, was diagnosed with a twisted bowel, had keyhole surgery to repair but due to scar tissue the bowel perforated. The problem was that this was not seen for five days so the body cavity filled with crap. So she was opened up all down the front and had to be pressure washed out. Six days in ICU then more than 5 weeks in a surgical ward where she was monitored for internal infections with 3 tubes inserted to drain infections and massive doses of antibiotics to kill any infections not drained. Drains finally removed but wearing a stoma bag she made it to rehab only to find she had blood clots in her lungs. Three attempts to discharge were thwarted by doctors or dieticians due to low electrolytes or dehydration. Finally got a call at 10:00 am to come and get her so I was in before they changed their mind again. Now the real work begins but at least I am not driving 50 Kms round trip every day and spending up 10 hours a day sitting. We spent our wedding anniversary, Christmas, New Year and Australia Day sitting in a ward. Not much fun.

Caravan will be sitting idle in its new shed for some time before it gets a run but we hope maybe to go local to the Broadwater or Tallebudgera CPs just to sit and vegetate. Onward and upward now.
OMG how awful, please give her our comiserations, and may she recover quickly now she is home.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

Hi @chartrock , our thoughts are with you and your wife at this time. I wish your wife a "speedy" (damn- wrong word!!!) a steady and successful recovery so that you can both get away together again sometime in the future. Kindest regards. Graham

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good to hear she is finally home and you can both rest up, we had our fingers crossed that you could actually bring her home this week...................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee you get it easy, the old T Line would get to 43 deg in the cab and that was on a cool day, bustard of a truck thankfully rarely drove it.....no AC either not that the AC was much chop when new........

Reactions: Bluey