Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have a safe run home @Bluey, been flamin windy most of the time up here also...................no fish either as that fella up north of me hasn't been bragging about it...lol,lol.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When I put Big Mal in for the hail damage repairs I pointed out to them that to isolate the batteries you pull the fuses, when I get it back I find one battery has the Pos Lead disconnected, of course it was the one between both batteries, checks done and thankfully all systems are okay, idiots only took one battery out of the system...Today I did a Mod of a different type for me, a few signs.....I knew I should have shut it all down before it went in.....

IMG_20190105_162024.jpg on the main panel...

And on both batteries, I doubt anyone else will be doing things on my van but just in case...
IMG_20190105_161953.jpg

It looks nice now with a clean roof, new AC and vents with shiny walls....

Reactions: Boots in Action

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Welcome home for "Big Mal" @Drover . Sorry to hear how she has been mistreated. But glad she is still okay and that your treasured van is back with you.
As far as repairs are concerned, you are putting your faith in van repairers and van builders, not electrical persons who are not able to follow the simplest of circuits. I hope they can read at least for future times - if any!! Good to have you and your van back on deck again. Cheers

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and you can't remember ?......:o:o:o.....................

They will surely stop by now to check out your meat tray..................:cheerful:.... RC bugga.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its just a strip stuck on, just pull it off, clean it and stick it back on, that's all they would do...bout time you got back to work too.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mate dragging a 5th wheeler in the US reports a tranny problem with his Dodge RAM 1500, it would stay in Park, he tried all sorts of things, rang the place he got it serviced recently, not a clue, rang nearby tranny shop, nope, tow truck sent to get it, so he's fiddling around while waiting, gets it going, found the door needs to be closed to start and shift into gear, towie was amazed. The recent service had a software upgrade so doors closed as an added safety feature...........
Golly, Surprise,surprise,surprise.........

Reactions: Bluey and Johnanbev

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Mate dragging a 5th wheeler in the US reports a tranny problem with his Dodge RAM 1500, it would stay in Park, he tried all sorts of things, rang the place he got it serviced recently, not a clue, rang nearby tranny shop, nope, tow truck sent to get it, so he's fiddling around while waiting, gets it going, found the door needs to be closed to start and shift into gear, towie was amazed. The recent service had a software upgrade so doors closed as an added safety feature...........
Golly, Surprise,surprise,surprise.........

That's the changing technology @Drover . When will it stop??? Better still, how do we keep up!!! I am left behind already.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just go with the flow Booties, just go with the flow..........I try to keep up but discard or isolate a lot of the rubbish, discard the PC crap always.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
The engine in my Pajero Sport has to be shut down with foot on the brake and door shut or it starts beeping at me that it’s not happy about something. No idea if this is a new thing or not but it’s new to me.

Change is here and it is moving amongst us unfortunately as it passes me I’m usually looking the other way. :ambivalence:

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My Grands needed foot on brake to slot into D, not sure about door as I always had it closed, good idea as I once started a vehicle in shed while working on it and nearly launched it thru the wall as I leaned thru the window to fire it up and it was in gear, chocks worked.