17' Series G'day

Dennis

Mar 21, 2015
Brisbane
G'day

Just picked up our first van (17.56-2) this week and can't wait to get a few days off to take it out for a run. It would have been great to have it for the Easter break but it was held up in the factory with a few issues to the new moulded bed ends. Lucky we had a great dealer and he lent us a Starcraft 2014 17.56 OB for the week so we didn't miss out.

Only new to the site but I'm really impressed with how helpful everyone is. Looking forward to many trips ahead.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.4 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: BigSkiddy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum @Dennis ... And a great choice of van (Even though we have an older 2014 model!!!)
Good on the dealer for providing the Starcraft :clap2:

Looking forward to reading about your upcoming trips and a few pics ;)

Reactions: Dennis

Siera

Oct 2, 2014
Country Vic
Welcome Dennis. i will be following you with interest. We have just ordered ours. Looks like you have an extended draw bar what else did it come with?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome @Dennis lots to see and read here, and for you to add when and where you like
we love pictures (lots of them) as well as your adventures, dont be shy, tell us EVERYTHING

cheers

Mustang

Feb 16, 2015
Melbourne Bayside
Nice to see the new van @Dennis ..we're due to get ours in June..what were the issues with the bed ends? Did they put a window above the kitchen sink? The one I saw at the Melbourne show had bed ends that didn't seem to shut properly...hopefully they've sorted that out?

Dennis

Mar 21, 2015
Brisbane
Hi @Dennis welcome, nice looking rig, heaps of helpful people on here,

I have a mod for you already, I have noticed that there are a few places selling black hot water system covers now which would look a treat on your new van :D

I haven't seen those as yet. It's worth looking into for sure. I have a few other add ons on my "wish" list I'm hoping to sort out first. As usual the options are endless but it's the $$ that keep you in check.

Cheers

Dennis

Mar 21, 2015
Brisbane
Welcome Dennis. i will be following you with interest. We have just ordered ours. Looks like you have an extended draw bar what else did it come with?

Thanks
Correct we went with the extended draw bar as I am looking to build a tool box/ gas bottle enclosure on the front for a bit of extra storage.

We also added.
External shower
Additional external 12v point
Picnic table
Mesh privacy screens(these weren't supplied as jayco had issues making them fit. The company that built our annex is making them and charging jayco)
Drifter control panel
Gas bayonet relocated to front
Fusion CD player with external speakers
External tv point
Wind up antenna
Pivotal tv bracket
Start up kit (hoses and lead)
Full annex
Porch extension for annex.

It's a fair bit but I know we will use it. I was going to buy the annex direct from the supplier but it was $270 cheaper to buy it with the van.

Reactions: bigcol

Dennis

Mar 21, 2015
Brisbane
Nice. Tell us about your Tundra.

The Tundra is great. I had wanted one for about three years and when the 2014 came out I was sold. I bought it from Huntington Beach Toyota and had it converted to RHD by Mark at MJH Imports on the Gold Coast. Its a 5.7 litre supercharged petrol with a 6 speed auto. It's capable of towing 4.5 tonne and therefore geared lower than most. 1900-2000 rpm at 110kmh towing the van.

It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea as due to the 14L/100 unloaded and about 20-22L/100 fully loaded with the van (At 100-110kmh on the highway) but it is an extremely comfy ride that's for sure.

Cheers

Dennis

Mar 21, 2015
Brisbane
Nice to see the new van @Dennis ..we're due to get ours in June..what were the issues with the bed ends? Did they put a window above the kitchen sink? The one I saw at the Melbourne show had bed ends that didn't seem to shut properly...hopefully they've sorted that out?

Yep there's a window above the sink and the windows seem to have a new style of fly screen/shade option. Almost the same as the roof hatch.

As far as the bed ends went I think your bang on with the shutting issue. Our van was delayed by about 3 weeks and the story I received from the dealer was that the first batch that went out with the new ends were defected by the dealers and therefore jayco held up production to fix the issue in the factory. It seems to have worked from what I can see so you should be good to go

Reactions: bigcol and Mustang