Gas regulator

wardy

Jun 28, 2011
Beenleigh
Hey crew, another first timer on this site looking for help, interested in if any of have any pearls of wisdom on gas regulators. I replaced my reg about 10mths ago it worked fine at easter, went camping last weekend nothing. Tried to light the stove to prime the line (to help light the fridge) would "pop" but not stay alight. So I'm assuming it's the reg playing up, I have stainless hoses should I go to copper? Any insight would be greatful

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep go the copper, there was a lot of trouble a while back( not only with Jayco ) and regulators stuffing It was put down as bad gas at first, then gas pooling in the pipe and rotting the lining of the stainless (plastic/nylon) clogging regulators, regulators should sit as low as possible.

Oh yeah! welcome to the forum

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum, Wardy. Good to have another local (well, almost).

I agree with Bushman. I had a similar situation with my previous A'van and replaced the regulator. When I sold the van and had to get a gas certificate, the certifier said pretty much the same thing and remounted the regulator lower down.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome to the forum Wardy.

I have also been told stories that back up what Bushy and Charty have stated.

wardy

Jun 28, 2011
Beenleigh
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advice. I'm off to get a new reg (+ maybe a spare) and copper pipework.
Cheers
Wardy