Just Browsing Fuse blowing on awning LED

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help. We went away on the weekend in the new 20.64. Whenever the wind blew or someone bumped the front strut on the awning (the one that goes back onto the van)the strip light shorted out and popped the light circuit fuse. This would take out all of the van lights. When I disconnected the strut and put it onto the ground all was fine. I only had to move the strut a couple of mm and there would be an issue. Hoping for some kind of solution before I look at pulling the awning drum to bits. This is also odd because the power for the led is on the back strut, and I could move it as much as I wanted with no issue.
Thanks in advance
David

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Called him this afternoon. After talking through the issue I ended up pulling out the plug from inside the drum. The wires were linked quite badly. Appears to be fixed at the minute, but as always with my dealer(warburtons Bundy), they offered to send me another one straight away.
We are on our 4th Jayco from warburtons, and every time there has been an issue the team have bent over backwards to help.
David