18' Series Fridge temp

AnthonySB

Mar 18, 2018
Victoria
Hi everyone

I seem to be having a small problem with my 3 way fridge in my expanda 18.57.9. On 240v and gas it would not go cold quickly enough. It took 3 days to get down to about 4-5 deg. It stayed on about 15 deg for 2 days. Freezer seems to be working fine though. Any ideas!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It must be near level for starters, bubble outside the line will make it play up............

Remove the top outside grill and look inside at the top of the fridge it should have a panel directing the hot rising air to the vent and the sides of the fridge should be sealed up, if not then the hot air will circulate around the cavity and heat everything up, if its all sealed up try loading the fridge up with say water bottles to just use up the space and see if it will cool down quicker, on really hot days like recently it can be a battle to drop the temp though 15 deg is a bit much.

2 door or single ????

I have found the freezer will drop temp rather quickly but the fridge itself can take a day to really get the temp down when its empty, I like to run it for at least 2 days before leaving so I can get the whole cabinet chilled down, load with cold non perishable stuff after a day and put the other stuff in before we leave.

Reactions: Boots in Action