16' Series Fridge issue

Digger12

Jan 22, 2013
Western suburbs melbourne
hey guys, having a fridge issue while on holidays at the moment - which has never happened before. Freezer is working fine, however the fridge is on max setting and "JUST" cold running on 240v. Van is level and everything else is van is running fine on 240v. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
They are the same cooling unit so won't be that I would suggest turn it back down to 4 and leave the door closed
If you are in wa it wouldn't of stood a chance today if the door was opened all the time
Another trick you could use in the mean time is to remove the freezer door this will keep the unit colder

Reactions: Delano and dagree

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
We have a similar issue. 240v operation is hopeless and barely stays cool even on the highest setting and several days operation. Switch to gas and the thing would freeze a polar bear's wobbly bits off in just a few short hours.

Spent a week down in Bunbury before Xmas in temperatures late 20's and low 30 degrees, brewed up a big batch of Margaritas , popped the container in the freezer and went out for the day. How disappointed was I that my expectedly frozen concoction was warmer when we got back than when I placed it there a few hours before? Had to slum it with a Stella or three from the Engel . By morning I had a green tequila ice lolly after switching to gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that our 3 way absorption fridges are rated N, SN or T. N or SN will cool to 23 below ambient and T will cool to 43 below ambient. Mine is SN and struggled on a day over 30 but by adding a fan it has made a bit of a difference

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks for the link @Capt. Gadget . Just checked ours and we have the Class T model :)
Haven't had any issue with it yet but "those in the know" know that when we go away the weather is cold and wet ;)

With an internal ambient temp of 27.2 deg the fridge is running at 0.3 deg on setting #3

Reactions: Capt. Gadget

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
Hey guys, thanks for feedback.

Crazymobb have you got photos of your fans/gauge?

Cheers
image.jpg

LUK77Y

Dec 22, 2012
Central Coast - NSW
one of the tricks I usually do when on long summer holidays, is Waeco turns over to freezer mode, ice cooler is regularly packed with ice and keeps items such as drinks (cold as ice) as well as anything else that typically is required throughout the day, in order to give the fridge a chance especially when coping on hot days. With the fridge running on 4, it can struggle ... particularly if it's bloody hot and the kids are open/close all day ;-)