17' Series fridge fan

Cruiser 06

Jun 2, 2012
brisbane qld
hi everone i have just ordered a 17.56,1 .and was wondering if the fridge is very efficiant.i know in the older caravans they can struggle on hot days. is it a good idea to fit a fridge fan behind the unit.it is a 150 litre.does anyone think it is a good idea to extend the drawbar by 300 mm?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have gone the fridge fan just to be on the safe side. However, from what I have read it can handle some pretty hot temps. Fan might come in handy up in the far Nth end.
A lot of people on here seem to have gone for the extended drawbar. It gives you more options for storage (tool boxes etc) but watch out when adding to your ATM and ball weight. It also allows more room for you to open your vehicle back door, and could in theory make the van easier to manouvre
Oh, and congratulations on ordering the Van!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Cruiser 06, good to have another Queenslander. I have fitted a couple of 12v computer fans with a switch on top of the fridge and just use it when we think the bench top is getting warm. I did not know about the extended draw bar when we purchased as I would have opted for it for the reasons Relgate has stated.