Ford Everest 4wd

rags

Looked at new Prado the other day now the auto has the upgraded 3 ton tow rate
63k for the GX povo pack WTF!:o

You should be able to get a GX sub $58k , in 2015 I picked up an auto 5 seat GX for $50880 D/A with a bit of haggling.. Only trouble was that at that price it only came in white. On Pradopoint there is dedicated thread for the new 2018 model and it seems that a GXL are costing sub $65k

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Ended up with the 2017 facelift model Prado.. Got a good deal from sunshine toyota..Guys were really good as well. Ecompmy wise not that flash at present towing to Cairns.. 15.9 at present. Here is a pic of rig at Cardwell.Love the technology on it compared to 120 series. The big improvement for me was towing on cruise..made the 19hr trip easy.
20180106_124246.jpg

rags

Good work Dingo, looks good. Economy is interesting as I just averaged around 13L/100km on a trip down to Sydney with a return trip back up thru Barringtons - Walcha - Armidale to home. Mine has the older 3.0lt motor.
Is the van towing a bit downward onto the Prado and car maybe in need of a small lift to level it out?

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Yes it does..even turned the tongue around to try and get height.... my 120 had a lift kit..When I settle from the pocket hit Ill be doing the same. I think a lot of the problem with the economy is the running in..plus I was trying to sit at 100kmph for time reasons...Seemed to run a lot lower revs around 94kmph.

Reactions: bigcol