Ford Everest 4wd

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Hi has anyone got one, and your thoughts please. Just test drove one..loved it but just found out putting a 3.2m tinnie on roof is an issue???

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We've got one. Love it. Roof weights would be an issue which I think can go up to 80 -100kg, I think the is similar weights for most in that class.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
A mate has one (Trend) as a second car, he doesn't get to drive it much as it's (HER) car, I'm pretty sure it will become their primary tow vehicle when they finally get another van so they don't have the ball weight issue's of his Pajero, unless he changes vehicles.

Reactions: bigcol

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Have a 2016 Trend, pretty happy with it. Couple of minor things that bug me.

1 - Unable to fit a second battery under the bonnet and as we use the 7 seats a bit no other way of permanently fixing it elsewhere.

2 - Rear seats don't fully fold flat.

We have done almost 30k km so far and touch wood, no major hassles. Have been to Fraser Island, stock car apart from bull bar, roof rack, driving lights and BFG K02 all terrains. Did pretty well. When we tow our 17.58-3OB we get around 15-16ltr's p/100 average.

As @Fabulous has said, roof weight can be an issue, especially if you go off road, thinking maybe 60ish kg from memory.

Over we are happy with the Everest compared to our previous Pajero with the tow ball weight issue. We also don't need a WDH which helps with the hooking up duties.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Guys Thanks...I really loved the Everest but it looks like Ill have to stick with the Prado due to Rhino boat loader.(Tinnie weights 55kg) I Like the new front on them...Ill see what deals come up.

Prado.jpg

rags

You know you can't pass up another Prado and you are right, the Botox in the lips n around the eyes looks so much better. Some of the new safety kit are worth it too.
The other advantage of the Prado over the Everest is that you can put diesel in both fuel tanks rather than like the Ford which requires Adblue what ever that is.

Reactions: Bluey

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
@bigcol adblue is the new diesal particle dispersant..new trucks have it according to sales guy ..euro 4 spec. They recon diesel will be phased out.Reporedly in europe the govt are giving subsidies to get rid of them..this is third party info . @rags you are so right..looked at a pajero..wasnt comfortable..Amerc salesman who had bith second hand said to be honest just stick to the Prado after he drove both. The headlights have put me off the previous 150 series.Might start a response on this..lol

Reactions: bigcol

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Prado is a good car, Everest a little more power and a bit more tech, both pretty good. Have a look at the weights for the roof of the Prado. Can't put much weight up there compared to the older 4wds.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
@bigcol adblue is the new diesal particle dispersant..new trucks have it according to sales guy ..euro 4 spec. They recon diesel will be phased out.Reporedly in europe

Adblue is actually..............

What is in AdBlue?
AdBlue is a high quality urea solution that is easy to use. AdBlue is the registered trademark for AUS32, or Aqueous Urea Solution 32.5% that is used with the Selective Catalytic Reduction system (SCR) to reduce emissions of oxides of nitrogen from the exhaust of UK diesel vehicles.

sooooooooooooooo
mix up some Brunnings Urea for the Garden (40%) with home made distilled water

and you save yourself THOUSANDS of $$$$$$$

Brunnings-Urea-5kg-e1442885439272.jpg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I wonder in the future that all the new cars with the new systems that do a burn off of gasses dont have any dramas with them i know trucks and new diggers have them but diggers are flat out all day only stoping twice smoko and lunch but if there doing a burn carnt turn them off
Do holdens take 20 mins to do a burn and also carnt turn them off when its happening ????? I think trouble ahead for thease new things thats why i didnt go ahead with getting a new ute 3 months ago cars now days are to fancy for there own good i hope to get a 2014 or 13 v6 navara next year

MBC004

Feb 3, 2014
i like the prado, and my prado is due for an upgarde, but when they ask $69k for the GXL, i am really not sure i want one anymore

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Thats exactly what Im having trouble with...especially when the GLS Pajero is $52k. However when you test drive them they seem a little more agricultural.