Folding canvas

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Welcome to the forum Meridith. Being an ex Swan owner, as packed up we released the canvas from the beds and made them go in the the centre of the beds, that way as we'd roll down the roof to the half way point, we'd recheck the walls were folding in smooth. Then whilst continuing winding down just before the roof met the level of the mattress, we'd do another walk around and tuck in the walls more (be careful of the microswitch on the off side as well as the sink water neck). then simply continue to wind down and we never had a issue closing down smoothly.

Caution though, be weary on raising the roof that the sink water neck doesnt get caught in the window straps as when all folded down you cant see have it folds in, though need to be carefull on wind up.

Cheers Pace.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Just like Pace says, Meredith. Sometimes I had SWMBO crawl in to actually pull in the canvas at the sides, when wound about half way down. Pace probably makes his kids do the same. I would have done it myself, but Jayco wasn't designed with me in mind! We had Swan and Flamingo OB before seeing the light. Don't worry about a few creases but try to avoid pinching canvas or windows. Watch that canvas is well clear of bed slide tracks before sliding them in. Gets easier with practice.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
There is a great video on YouTube on doing this, can't remember the title but it shows the setting up and pack up.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I think this is it.
[video=youtube;20Id-M3ArCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Id-M3ArCM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
That is a very good video. Pretty much the way I set up our van. Takes about 30 minutes all up.
Note how careful he was to neatly fold the canvas on the bed? This is critical I found. If I get that folded neatly and let the roof down slowly, it will come down dead easy.
Just one small tip. Before you do up the clips, just check there is no canvas sticking out. It can happen so easy. If canvas is showing and the clips are done up, it is possible to cut the canvas.
I wish he had gone into more detail when lowering.