Exterior Foldable table to outside wall

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. Purchased a 2008 16.49-3 Expanda with hard lids and am considering a few mods.

I would like to mount an external foldable table to the fiberglass wall on the side of the caravan and would like to know if there is anything special I need to know about mounting points and what to mount with etc? Also looking at adding an exhaust fan in toilet area. What is the roof made of (Pop top) version and is it hard to cut through?

Thanks
Doug

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
The combined toilet/shower usually has a fan in the skylight with the light above the toilet although I am unsure of earlier models (I had a 2010 model). Is there a skylight in yours? If so, that is where to mount the fan and just pick up the power from the light.

The external table fitted to ours as a show special is the cheap and nasty model that is just pressed steel with no backing to the van. When closed it marks the side of the van. There are some u-beaut models around with a completely flat work surface and a backing against the van to protect it and while these are a bit more expensive, they are a far better table.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I fitted one of these to my 2008 Hardlid Expanda using the peel rivets supplied. Very easy job too. You don't drill too far in just through the fibreglass/ply layer. Rivets do the rest (I'd never heard of peel rivets before then).
Instructions are clear too.
And only last night I was saying how much I'd like two tables on my Starcraft...

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
The combined toilet/shower usually has a fan in the skylight with the light above the toilet although I am unsure of earlier models (I had a 2010 model). Is there a skylight in yours? If so, that is where to mount the fan and just pick up the power from the light.

The external table fitted to ours as a show special is the cheap and nasty model that is just pressed steel with no backing to the van. When closed it marks the side of the van. There are some u-beaut models around with a completely flat work surface and a backing against the van to protect it and while these are a bit more expensive, they are a far better table.

Unfortunately our model does not have a skylight only the window vent zip in the flexible roof connection between wall and ceiling.