17' Series fold up top bunk 17.56-1

Oct 13, 2012
Hi All,
Have order a 17.56-1 ready for pick up before xmas. After having a look around at some of the other Jayco vans at the recent show, we sat in the 17.56-1 modle we had ordered. We were sitting at the smaller of the tables and I noticed sitting there, being 6'3 I was forever knocking my head against the folded up top bunk. This might seem like a gripe and the easiest way around is just to sit at the other table but, I was just wondering if anyone has the same problem and if there is a way around this ie. does the bunk fold up further or can it be moved at all to avoid this annoyance occurring? Thanks!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
TW we have a 17.56-2 but the bunks are the same.

Yes it does fold back. The mattress also folds back too.

Resized640x480_IMGP5546.JPG

This isn't ours but the fold up bit is the same.

Hope this helps big guy!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We have a similar set up in our 16-49-4. Only been on 2 little trips but we soon discovered that kids prefer table not there so it is used as a bed now and as none of the kids want to sleep on the top bunk, that has become storage area. Everyone has a box for there clothes, they all live up there. Kids prefer to play their ipods and stuff like that laying down and if they want to sit, they use tha main table or go outside. We like the top bed opened up so our stuff can stay there out of the way. We also store stuff under the bed converter. I used to bump my head on the bunk everytime I sat down there. The funny thing is our 2 boys have bunks at home, but they are not interested in sleeping in the top bunk, too scared they will fall out!

Geoff

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Funny you mention the head height when sitting at tables.
Both my wife and I are 6 foot. We originally looked at the Windsor Rapid before we purchased our first van. Have you ever tried sitting at any of the tables in their range when you are tall? No good at all.