Fitting extra Jayco 90 ltr tank

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
Hi

We have a 16.49.1 and were looking at fitting another water tank. On inspection of the chassis there is room for another Jayco 90 ltr (400 x 1270 x 350). Our first tank is fitted in front of the axle and the available spot is around the same distance behind the axle. The only problem is the gas line runs along this section. Are u able to mount the water tank over the gas line? If so do u protect it with anything? We r not very technical in this regard! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
My understanding is that benandjordansmum is looking at a mod that will end up one ahead of the axle, one behind the axle (in other words, the factory tanks) and another tank behind the axle. Have I read that wrong?

Bushpalace - your set up would increase stability!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi

We have a 16.49.1 and were looking at fitting another water tank. On inspection of the chassis there is room for another Jayco 90 ltr (400 x 1270 x 350). Our first tank is fitted in front of the axle and the available spot is around the same distance behind the axle. The only problem is the gas line runs along this section. Are u able to mount the water tank over the gas line? If so do u protect it with anything? We r not very technical in this regard! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there, I have the same model (09) outback and thought of doing the same. Ideally I think you should have the gas line moved so that your tank will sit flat against the floor. Its not hard to do if your a bit handy just make sure you test joints with soapy water for leaks, other wise a plumber/gasfitter can do this for you. Good luck. Cheers burnsy.;)

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
Hi guys,

Thanks for your advice and comments. We were putting in a second 90 ltr. We did our mods yesterday. The boys did a fantastic job. We put in a battery, put the second water tank in, a 12 volt pump to pump water to the kitchen and the tap on the draw bar as well as an rv panel that monitors the battery and both water tanks. Our maiden voyage will be this weekend!! We can't wait!!