First Trip

Frog

May 13, 2017
Kuttabul
Last weekend was our first trip away in our Expanda 14, it became a family outing with our son and family plus daughter, son in-law with their 5 week old son ( it was extra special for them as they have just taken delivery of their MDC Camper Trailer. We decided to go some where handy as we only had the weekend so Cathu State Forest which is between Mackay and Proserpine got the nod. Jaxut Camping Ground is about 15 km in from the highway, rough dirt track with plenty of creek crossings. While not a big four wheel drive challenge it was good to see how the Outback handled, I have just fitted a Stone Stomper and was very impressed particularly with how it deflected the dust from the back of our Mazda BT plus the van. We copped the normal good natured flack from the "Camper Trailer Brigade" about being soft but as we had cold nights the line up of children and grandchildren to use our hot shower and toilet was amazing( I should have charged a Levi ). A great weekend!
P7230288.JPG

P7220284.JPG

Tripper

May 13, 2017
Moranbah
Hi Frog,

Have you got any photos of the creek area, is it deep enough to swim etc.?

Are the facilities clean?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I watched a few of the MDC videos and theyre not shy about where they drag them in their promo videos. Id be interested in what your kids think of the camper, and how it performs in general. What model have they got? My sons interested in a camper, and the MDC units are well priced

Frog

May 13, 2017
Kuttabul
I watched a few of the MDC videos and theyre not shy about where they drag them in their promo videos. Id be interested in what your kids think of the camper, and how it performs in general. What model have they got? My sons interested in a camper, and the MDC units are well priced
Hi Crusty
As I mentioned their MDC camper is only a few weeks old. Their Camper is a MDC V5 Step Through, the reason they liked this model is that the other camper in the photo is our sons and it is a Lifestyle Camper which is Australian made ( this is what the Chinese MDC is copied off ). He has had it a few years and fitted it out really well, they have done some big trips over some pretty wild roads. When the daughter and son inlaw wanted to buy one the MDC was half the price of the Lifestyle, so time will tell. Cheers

Reactions: Delano

Frog

May 13, 2017
Kuttabul
P7230290.JPG
P7230293.JPG
Hi Crusty
As I mentioned their MDC camper is only a few weeks old. Their Camper is a MDC V5 Step Through, the reason they liked this model is that the other camper in the photo is our sons and it is a Lifestyle Camper which is Australian made ( this is what the Chinese MDC is copied off ). He has had it a few years and fitted it out really well, they have done some big trips over some pretty wild roads. When the daughter and son inlaw wanted to buy one the MDC was half the price of the Lifestyle, so time will tell. Cheers
Hi Crusty
This is a couple of the Lifestyle and the MDC setup
P7230290.JPG
set up

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lookin good, going by the clothing the temp must have dropped way down to 18 deg to require all that winter clobber.....................lol.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Last weekend was our first trip away in our Expanda 14, it became a family outing with our son and family plus daughter, son in-law with their 5 week old son ( it was extra special for them as they have just taken delivery of their MDC Camper Trailer. We decided to go some where handy as we only had the weekend so Cathu State Forest which is between Mackay and Proserpine got the nod. Jaxut Camping Ground is about 15 km in from the highway, rough dirt track with plenty of creek crossings. While not a big four wheel drive challenge it was good to see how the Outback handled, I have just fitted a Stone Stomper and was very impressed particularly with how it deflected the dust from the back of our Mazda BT plus the van. We copped the normal good natured flack from the "Camper Trailer Brigade" about being soft but as we had cold nights the line up of children and grandchildren to use our hot shower and toilet was amazing( I should have charged a Levi ). A great weekend!View attachment 56118
View attachment 56119
Glad to see the he BeasT50 handled the terrain well!
Marv

Reactions: Frog

Frog

May 13, 2017
Kuttabul
Lookin good, going by the clothing the temp must have dropped way down to 18 deg to require all that winter clobber.....................lol.
It was cold frostbite or triple pneumonia were on the cards, it was a great weekend with the family. Next trip Atherton Tablelands.

Reactions: Drover

Frog

May 13, 2017
Kuttabul
Hi Frog,

Have you got any photos of the creek area, is it deep enough to swim etc.?

Are the facilities clean?
Hi Tripper
There are very few facilities, one long drop toilet, untreated water taps which wont working. We love the spot though as we are self contained and do not need any facilities, the creek would be great in summer with more water in it.
P7230298.JPG

Reactions: Sweet Pea

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Using a tent with an airbed is a soft option I reckon getting into a van is just bluddy luxury, stop at 1500, put van brake on 1503, open van door 1504, beer in hand 1505...................Mrs D is pouring some grape juice 1506...........I was in the way.

Frog

May 13, 2017
Kuttabul
Using a tent with an airbed is a soft option I reckon getting into a van is just bluddy luxury, stop at 1500, put van brake on 1503, open van door 1504, beer in hand 1505...................Mrs D is pouring some grape juice 1506...........I was in the way.
That's what I like, our kids couldn't believe how quick we were set up.

Reactions: Drover