First Trip in new 18.57-9

TweedTravellers

Jan 27, 2012
Gold Coast (NSW side)
We finally got away in the new van after a false start in july due to work. But saying that it was worth the wait, we went to Brunswick Heads staying a Massey Greene caravan park. Didn't have any major problems over the week, so only little things to be looked at during service. The van felt a lot bigger than the 17ft we had before, the larger windows and skylights really make a difference. Here a couple of photos, annex light are remote controlled LED's huge difference over the standard lights. Cupboard door mods worked really well giving easy reach for the kids. My wife was happy to have the extra shelving for the kids clothing, I now have my next job of adding a few more to other cupboards.
Happy trails to all Mark
040.JPG044.JPG048.JPG051.JPG053.JPG

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Mark, glad all was good, your van looks awesome. What did you use for the shelves in the cupboard....great idea, also the led's in the annexe are they a strip light or rope light? how did you attach to the poles....great work.

Cheers.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Looks awesome mate.

Wife and I loved that version of the Expanda but just a bit too much $ wise plus the vehicle upgrade we would have needed.

I do like them though!

TweedTravellers

Jan 27, 2012
Gold Coast (NSW side)
Hi Burnsy, the shelves are 12mm premium grade ply about $20 per 1200x900mm sheet, the front lip is 20x25mm angle aluminium just to give it a bit more strength. I made my own brackets from 20x20x1000mm angle aluminium, cut into 40mm lengths then drilled four holes into each bracket. LED's were cut from a 5 meter roll then stuck on to 10mm aluminium strip, I bought some velcro that I cut into short strips and pop riveted it onto the aluminuim strip. For extra support I have zip tied the LED strips as well.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Some nice mods with the LED's the use of them is only upto your imagination :thumb:

Thanks for letting us know how your other mods went on your 1st outing too.

:tea: Cruza

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Burnsy, the shelves are 12mm premium grade ply about $20 per 1200x900mm sheet, the front lip is 20x25mm angle aluminium just to give it a bit more strength. I made my own brackets from 20x20x1000mm angle aluminium, cut into 40mm lengths then drilled four holes into each bracket. LED's were cut from a 5 meter roll then stuck on to 10mm aluminium strip, I bought some velcro that I cut into short strips and pop riveted it onto the aluminuim strip. For extra support I have zip tied the LED strips as well.

Thanks mate,very professional!

Cheers.