16' Series Filter material replacement on top of fridge

Danb

Dec 17, 2015
Port Macquarie
Anyone know where to buy the filter element material for the air-filter on top of the fridge compartment, as I took mine out to clean and they disintegrated in my hands...
I have a 2010 16.49-2.
Cheers,

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I may be wrong but on most fridges the filter like material on top of them is actually insulation between the fridge and the cupboard/bench/wall and is to keep the heat and hot air away, yes insulation will just crumble when washed usually, there should be a baffle made of metal or timber between the rearof the fridge and the insulation on top to direct the air out the top vent.
To replace it just use a bit of a roofing bat, stick your head into the roof cavity at home and just grab a chunk to use.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Interesting, is it stuff just like the AC filters ? My mates compressor fridge has a vent on top at the front and thats all his looked like, Bunnings or Clarkes for some similar stuff I would reckon.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you can find some white scouring pad that will do the same job, have used it as filter material before....stuff thats about 10mm thick that you clean pots with. just cut to size with scissors.