Just Browsing Fiamma drip stop

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It might work but whether it would cope with a heavy downpour ....I'd check to see what sort of conditions it was designed for.

I'm only sceptical as we've recently moved to Fiamma /Thule awning and AFK and they're definitely designed for European conditions. For example the awning tie downs are so flimsy you'd never trust them in Australian conditions.

You need something...whatever...to defect the water flow it seems. We had a similar problem with our Jayco and learned to live with it and add an extra 30 minutes or so to the pack up time and to carry a couple of old towels.

The bed ends were dropped (hockey sticks out) as early as possible, and we used the towels to wipe away the surplus water, then left the canvas to dry before finishing the pack up.

Just time for a cup of coffee and it was stress free. We found the canvas dries quickly after a good wipe down.

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
It might work but whether it would cope with a heavy downpour ....I'd check to see what sort of conditions it was designed for.

I'm only sceptical as we've recently moved to Fiamma /Thule awning and AFK and they're definitely designed for European conditions. For example the awning tie downs are so flimsy you'd never trust them in Australian conditions.

You need something...whatever...to defect the water flow it seems. We had a similar problem with our Jayco and learned to live with it and add an extra 30 minutes or so to the pack up time and to carry a couple of old towels.

The bed ends were dropped (hockey sticks out) as early as possible, and we used the towels to wipe away the surplus water, then left the canvas to dry before finishing the pack up.

Just time for a cup of coffee and it was stress free. We found the canvas dries quickly after a good wipe down.

I guess it's only some plastic molding so it should be able to cope with a decent downpour...

Reactions: bigcol

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Yes you are right, I had looked at the linked pic and thought it was the same stuff, further googling shows it is a different profile.