External 12v socket question 17.56-2 OB

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
my external 12v socket on my new 17.56-2 OB doesn't have any power... Does anyone know if there is a switch for it somewhere? The internal 12v sockets are fine, battery is switched on, all the fuses seem ok.... I'm stumped, and thinking it may not be connected at all.

Cheers benrosenick

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I can only suggest pull it apart a check wires are connect and or the right way, I had an internal one not working, jayco checked it with multi meter, yep all fine , still didnt work turned out that there was 2 small screws inside it so anything you plugged in didn't make contact

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
I can only suggest pull it apart a check wires are connect and or the right way, I had an internal one not working, jayco checked it with multi meter, yep all fine , still didnt work turned out that there was 2 small screws inside it so anything you plugged in didn't make contact
Thanks @Bushman, good idea. I'm looking for a power source to wire up my LED strip and while looking around the back of the fridge realized the 12v socket was dead. I didn't want to pull it off as its sikaflexed on and I won't be able to reseal it ( and I didn't want to do that and then find there was a switch somewhere to turn it on...), but given its 30 deg here at the moment with no chance of rain I might pull it off tomorrow and see if the supply itself is live.

Thanks

Benrosenick

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic