20' Series Expanda good and bad points

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Hey guys to all the 20' expanda owners out there I wa wondering about a few things and would be interested in your thoughts on the good and bad points. My biggest concern is access in parks and fuel economy towing with our new facelift cruiser. Look forward to your comments cheers..

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
HI @Ch00ka77 ,
We have the 21-64 expanda (a collectors item now) and find that it tows brilliantly, better than our swan infact. We always let the park people know how big our van is, as it is huge (10m when expanded I think it was) as we do need a big site. Came across a couple of parks over east that said they couldn't accommodate us, as their big sites were already taken, otherwise it has been fine.
As for towing, we averaged 17 to 18L/100km on a 12000km trip last chrissy which we were really happy with, but that was with the patrol (manual). We have a 200 on order but it won't be here till march, but will know consumption after April school holidays, aswe always go away. I tend to ignore the fuel, unless it's a case of running out before the next station, and we sit on 90km as the patrol seems to like that speed, which is fine by us, as it's a huge van......and heavy.

Sorry can't be of any further assistance with the car. Others on here could be more helpful than me.