20' Series Expanda/basestation cupboard handles

Virginia

Jan 5, 2017
Geelong
We have a new 23.7 basestation and the cupboard handles are rubbish. We will get the broken ones fixed under warranty ( all 8 so far ) but has anyone fitted a better, more sturdy latch that doesnt break as this will be a more longterm fix

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
We have a new 23.7 basestation and the cupboard handles are rubbish. We will get the broken ones fixed under warranty ( all 8 so far ) but has anyone fitted a better, more sturdy latch that doesnt break as this will be a more longterm fix

Apparently they have changed them for 2017. Haven't seen them myself yet but work asking if they will swap them out if you have continual problems.

Chris

Rob-Base19

Mar 28, 2017
Vic
I believe the 2016 handles are plastic. Due to the poor durability I understand that they have now changed to metal (with the same design).

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I have the van in for its first service at the moment. Apparently "version 3" of the handles in the anwser - however at thi stage Jayco will not do a complete swap but rather only "as required"

Pretty weak stance given EVERYONE is breaking them. Obviously a flaw in the design and this is their 3rd attempt to get it right.

Reactions: Johnno48 and Jemmo