Expanda 17.56-1 2011

Hi,

We are in the process of getting a new Expanda 17.56-1, just want to know does it come with the air-con already installed or is it a "extra's" option?

Anybody's thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

If anyone also has issues or tips they wouldn't go astray either :p

GLX-R

Mar 9, 2011
Kyneton, Vic
Hi there Linda,

We have just signed up for the same van. Dealer had a "special offer" with awning, (wall) aircon & on-roads thrown in free. So yes, the aircon is an option but it seems to be so common nowdays that getting some sort of deal on that shouldn't be a problem.

If you have the time, go through all the different posts on this site. I have already picked up heaps of tips from more experienced vanners just through doing just that!!

Cheers

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day Linda & welcome. My wife spent considerable time on the phone from here on the Gold Coast ringing dealers from Bribane to Melbourne and even Adelaide (we had no trade-in) seeking the best cash price and ended up buying from Newcastle, about 800Km from here saviing around $3000 on our best local price.

We could have saved another $900 if we had been prepared to pick up from the factory but still buying through the Newcastle dealer. That would have meant extra days and accommodation getting down there and back so the savings were not worth that.

I'm not sure how many dealers you have over on the west coast and how far you are prepared to travel for best price but it might be worth atry

Paul

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome to the forum, we just ordered a new expanda a few weeks ago and i can say there is a huge difference in price between dealers. I only tried three, but with the same extras list one dealer was just under $3000 cheaper than the others.

Also don't fall for the caravan and camping "show specials". I nearly did, but a fellow member (Bushman) encouraged me to try another dealer and lucky i did. No "show special" or "nomad pack" or any of that marketing crap, just a good package deal.

Now for the wait, its already driving me crazy!

Hi Paul,

We have just been to the Caravan and Camping Show in Perth, we only went to look....
but we are trading in our Jayco Swan and they are throwing in a TV but we forgot to ask about the air-con even though the display had one in, so I guess we're gonna have to ring them now ;p and to GLX-R thanks for the tip ;p I have had a quick glance on the site but will go through it more when I get the chance......

Thanks guys

Linda

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
YAY....good stuff. During the warmer months the aircon will be a god send!

Looks like there are a few of us waiting on the 17.56-1 to be made and delivered, ready for our collection...

Only about 3+ months to wait now....LOL.

Dave

bella

Mar 26, 2011
Hi There,
I am also very excited about our new arrival of a 17.56-1, ordered late January, due end of May.
I found a huge variance in prices when negotiating between dealers for the best deal, negotiating saved us $6000 of our initial 'from the book' quote!!!!
How do you all feel about the colour changes for this year??
Bella

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Yeppoon, Central Queensland
Hi guys,
We are currently in the same position. Heading to the Brisbane Camping and caravan show next weekend to order a new 17.56-2. We have actually found a used 17.56-2 for a good price and are not sure what to do. Wondering where you guys have purchased your new vans from and who was the best. We are in Central Queensland.
Thanks
Nat

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Hi guys,
We are currently in the same position. Heading to the Brisbane Camping and caravan show next weekend to order a new 17.56-2. We have actually found a used 17.56-2 for a good price and are not sure what to do. Wondering where you guys have purchased your new vans from and who was the best. We are in Central Queensland.
Thanks
Nat

We are getting our 17.56-2 OB through Warburton Caravans in Bundaburg.... They were $500 dearer than the best VIC price.. unbeatable!!!

NB:
Excellent service too!!!