Expanda 14.44-4 Outback

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Hi, I added the solar pre-wiring to my order on the Discovery and from memory it costs around $210. It only provides a junction box on the roof that you can then later attach solar panels t!!!!. Thought it was wise to get it at construction stage. We also added a couple of extra power points.

Reactions: Berg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Yeah if i had my time again i would go solar and simplicity suspension. At the time they seemed way over priced, but now i look back when you spend that much for cabinetry on wheels, whats a few grad more

Get a bit more height with the simplicity if thats important to you. The single axle outbacks are no where near as high as the dual axle models too. If thats not an issue, don't bother, pretty sure it tows the same:car:

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Yeah if i had my time again i would go solar and simplicity suspension. At the time they seemed way over priced, but now i look back when you spend that much for cabinetry on wheels, whats a few grad more

Get a bit more height with the simplicity if thats important to you. The single axle outbacks are no where near as high as the dual axle models too. If thats not an issue, don't bother, pretty sure it tows the same:car:

I would have to say if there is one thing about the outback 14 I think is no good it would have to be the height of the tow hitch. ours is about 400mm to the top of the ball, which is pretty much standard for them i think and you won't get jayco to make it any higher either. I bet if you measure the top of your paj towball you will have some work to do too. Just like most of us have.

Reactions: Berg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
50mm spacer from Jayco Canberra will solve that. But i have to agree, its too low for a standard 4wd and if you have a mild lift it will be way too low.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Simplicity and 16 inch wheels was well worth it - plus two solar panels and two batteries - yes could have done it cheaper after purchase but saved me hassle and included in weight of van --- just have to get it out of the garage and use the damn thing.....working on it!!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Trip to western NSW planned in July - son and his wife with our old camper trailer plus a few hangers on...looking forward to it....

Berg

Jan 31, 2012
South Australia
Hi,

Just measured the top of the ball height on the Paj, approximately 500mm, and that was measured with a near empty fuel tank.

I would have to say if there is one thing about the outback 14 I think is no good it would have to be the height of the tow hitch. ours is about 400mm to the top of the ball, which is pretty much standard for them i think and you won't get jayco to make it any higher either. I bet if you measure the top of your paj towball you will have some work to do too. Just like most of us have.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Thats pretty standard for a 4wd.

You may need a drop hitch on the car and spacer on the van. Wait until it arrives though and work it out then. Or just go simplicity and 16's and you will be pretty close.

Its only money:angel: