Exterior Eternabond Tape....This don't be rude is the best thing since slice bread

May 1, 2017
Hobart
So i kept having a small leak in our caravan, one of those, search for years and never find it one. It seamed to come in from one side then another. Most likely it traveled in from the roof and the tracked across the aluminium trip peace of the pop top.

After no luck with sealing it with proper RV roof stuff, i came across a product called Eternabond, in tape format.

OMG does this stuff stick, there i no way i will ever get it off ever again, but the sealing and quality of the material is second to non.

Highly recommended. I have had the sprinkler on the roof all day since essentially sealing every joint on the roof, and NO MORE WATER.

I will try get some pics next week of it all.

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Second that. I did our Swan with it, we had the last year with the split 2 piece roof. Never had a leak to start with, but sure as hell knew there was no chance once I had installed it. I have some rolls sitting in the garage waiting for the moment our warranty runs out in a couple of months.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats some expensive tape, looked at the Australian distributor and they want $143 for that size roll, didn't look to see if that was with postage though..............

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
What do you think resale on a van seemingly held together with gaffer tape be?:D

Reactions: Drover
May 1, 2017
Hobart
mate i say better LOL hundred mile and hour tape. It doesn't look like gaffer tape and certainly much easier to explain just how good it is once you show the person the product.

Reactions: Drover

TomKat121111

Nov 30, 2022
Dunedin, NZ
A few years on, how has the tape held up?

I've found a repair that had been completed by the previous owner (looks like polyurethane) is still slightly leaking. Are you better to replace all the previous sealant or should I use a product like Eternabond

Last edited: