electronic braking

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Thanks for the thoughts everybody. We have decided to go with the tekonsha IQ. This will then fit beside the cigarette socket on the dash. We were told that the P3 would work but was overkill as they were made for braking super heavy boats.

The P3 isn't overkill, the P3 and the IQ both do the same thing but the P3 has more diagnostic features and is regarded as the best in proportional controllers.

Reactions: jvp

David McG

Mar 7, 2014
Hills District Sydney
I picked up a new 200 a year ago and the dealer fitted the Redarc - looked good and out of the way, especially helpful in the 200 which has limited spots under the dash. However I could never get the adjustment correct - either brakes not on at all or the wheels were cooking and locking up in slow traffic. After numerous discussions with the Jayco dealer and the car dealer Jayco admitted the Redarc are a problem with the Expanda. So I went to the Tekonsha P3 which Jayco recommended as working well - no issues since. Does Jayco put a list of approved controllers onits website? Anyone like to buy a slightly used Redarc?

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
We had the Tekonsha P3 fitted to our new landcruiser double cab. I recall the dealer wanting to put a redarc in, but all the research my hubby did convinced him to go with the Tekonsha instead of the redarc (even though the Tekonsha took up more room)

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
The red arc works fine for me, I keep it down low and crank it up by hand when I need it. That's fine for 99% of the time, but its a bit of a worry if I don't have time to turn it up, I could run into trouble.. otherwise, I love how neat and inconspicuous the unit is.