14' Series Electrical: Satec problem?

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi all, Currently camping at Beechworth and have found that the Satec green light occasionally turns off and the red fault light flicks on. Should I be worried?
Is this an indication something is seriously wrong?
Everything seems to be working ok as far as I can tell.
Any clues?

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Red light on ours flashes on when gas hot water ignites
Hi Jeff, no it's not that, we only turn on our hot water when we need it and even then just to ignite the flame, we always use gas hot water.
Any other ideas anyone?
It was during the afternoon when solar panel was on its last burst for the day. It's 9:30 pm now and seems stable. Might have been stability of power feed from the CP, lots of new arrivals and comings and goings. Will keep an eye on it tomorrow during the day when we are 'home'.

Last edited:

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
I have had this issue and have spoken to setec about it and it wiil flash geeen light if the battery has been on charge for about 24 hrs and is in float mode (13.2 volt) and it is getting another voltage from somewhere above that float voltage ( ie solar putting out more than 13.2 volt to the battery.

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
My projecta 2000w inverter outputs a 13.4v voltage back to the battery and that will make the green light go on and off randomly and sometimes the red light will flash. Has been doing this for a year now and have not had any problem with the sectec.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I have had this issue and have spoken to setec about it and it wiil flash geeen light if the battery has been on charge for about 24 hrs and is in float mode (13.2 volt) and it is getting another voltage from somewhere above that float voltage ( ie solar putting out more than 13.2 volt to the battery.
Thanks, makes sense. Have not found any issues with 12v devices.
My battery monitor shows full health for the battery. The solar panel was working and we had been on 240v feeding at the CP. Thanks all.