Earth leakage problem but not setting off rcd wiring diagram

Jodie25

Nov 10, 2010
picasaweb.google.com
Has anyone had a problem with getting the tingled from the frame it does not set off the rcd. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 16.49-3 2009
Or does any one have any idea what could be causing it. We have turned off all appliances in the van and it's still leaking electricity.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Boy Jodie, that sounds dicey. With the van sitting on rubber tyres and jockey wheel, there is no contact with earth except the earth wire in the power cord or you if you touch the frame. If the cord is not taking the short to ground then maybe there is a fault in your power cord as well as a short somewhere in the van. I would get the power cord checked first then if it still happens, get a sparky to check the van out. Good luck & let us know how you get on.
Paul

Jodie25

Nov 10, 2010
picasaweb.google.com
finally we had time to check out what was going on, thank goodness the van is ok - I think we jumped to conclusions because we only discovered the problem when this van was plugged in. It was actually the 15 amp powerpoint. - so that has been removed, and all is good in the world again.

but we came back today from the riverland (1 day early) due to a 44 deg day - with 3 little children we weren't hanging around in that, so with the major head wind we got 20 litres per hundred - OUCH!!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Glad you solved the problem and it was a simple fix. Where was the power point, at home or at a caravan park?

Where is the riverland to get 44 degrees. We have had one day this Spring and Summer that has gone over 30 and, as you would have seen on the news, a lot of the state (Qld) is under water and will be for some time yet. Looking forward to some hot days to dry out. But then I'll complain that I have to cut the grass or dig out the weeds. I guess I am just hard to please.

Off to Sydney Monday for three weeks so we are hoping for some sunshine down there. Also want to come home via Newell Hwy but it ddepends on river levels and road conditions. Hopefully will be OK in a couple of weeks.

Paul

Jodie25

Nov 10, 2010
picasaweb.google.com
hi Paul,

the riverland _sorry south aussie slang i guess - Renmark / Barmera area.

The dodgy power point was at home :( but gone now. It would be nice to get to Sydney again, we were there in July but we flew. I am now just keen to sell the Swan and make some room in my yard - we have 5 cars 2 caravan a motor bike and trailer - so its getting a bit cramped!! It is a shame about how much water is in Qld, my sister in law lives in Wongawallan and has told me it is not good. Lets hope the insurance companies do the right thing.

Take care travelling

Jodie

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi Jodie
No apologies necessary for the SA slang. We all do that but at least I know where you are talking about.

We live in Maudsland, just a few K's from Wongawallan. They do get cut off as the one access road from the coast gets flooded at a particular crossing and can be very dangerous. I have not heard of houses going under there, though. Our place is fine (I have talked to a neighbour) but we are keen to get home just to satisfy ourselves.

regards
Paul