14' Series Dust Buster

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
Some pics of where I fitted a blower to pressurise the van to keep dust out ..bits sourced from Whitworths.

Attachments

• 14928476017920.jpg
    14928476017920.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 335
  • 14928476357301.jpg
    14928476357301.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: bigcol

Grizzly_Oz

Jan 30, 2017
Shellharbour
Looks simple enough, good idea, does it work? Arn't you going to suck dust into the van?
Maybe incorporate a car air filter or sander dust bag?

Last edited:

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
I'll be experimenting -- start with filter sponge over vent and the oulet in van - Stonestomper should keep dust down a bit so the higher vent is mostly clear of the worst dust.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
NIce set up but looking at that pic I would go around and seal all those openings in the back of the fridge they will impact highly on the cooling of your fridge probably find open cable runs down the bottom of the unit as well which will let dust and hot air into the van in.

It's probably not wise to have a vent into the van from the rear of the fridge due to gas and monoxide fumes being able to enter the van even with the fan off...

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
NIce set up but looking at that pic I would go around and seal all those openings in the back of the fridge they will impact highly on the cooling of your fridge probably find open cable runs down the bottom of the unit as well which will let dust and hot air into the van in.

It's probably not wise to have a vent into the van from the rear of the fridge due to gas and monoxide fumes being able to enter the van even with the fan off...

The gas flue is not in the vent -- it has a separate flue direct to the outside. Jayco have actually sealed the main wiring through to the controller under the fridge with foam. So it all looks good in theory - I am still fiddling around with a filtration system that will not slow the blower down too much and also not impede air flow to the back of the fridge ( which I am assisting with a computer fan directed up from the lower vent).

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The gas flu isn't sealed, not to worry..............the panel behind your fan intake, seal all that up before you finalise your blower set up, those cables runs thru the panel , the loose insulation and gap above the fridge all need a hit with the foam can and thats for the fridge to work at it's best, if you haven't already done so look thru all cupboards, under seats and remove tail lights, the wiring usually runs thru big holes into a cupboard and seal all the holes that cables and plumbing run thru, that way you should be able to have a higher pressure in the van otherwise your fan will be working away for no good purpose and put plugs in the drains......A lot of folks don't plug the holes so the system won't work to full effect...............

What about a Cotton Snorkel sock as a filter ???

Reactions: alexvk2 and WHHEMI

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
The gas flu isn't sealed, not to worry..............the panel behind your fan intake, seal all that up before you finalise your blower set up, those cables runs thru the panel , the loose insulation and gap above the fridge all need a hit with the foam can and thats for the fridge to work at it's best, if you haven't already done so look thru all cupboards, under seats and remove tail lights, the wiring usually runs thru big holes into a cupboard and seal all the holes that cables and plumbing run thru, that way you should be able to have a higher pressure in the van otherwise your fan will be working away for no good purpose and put plugs in the drains......A lot of folks don't plug the holes so the system won't work to full effect...............

Thanks ...more time creeping around under the Panda!

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney

I also note that Jayco has impro ed their sealing ..at least on my 2015 14.44.5 ..fridges all sealed off and they even foam sealed the holes for wiring

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
Cotton sock is a good idea ..I'll try stocking as well ...nothing like a few projects on the road now that I'm at liberty

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I also note that Jayco has impro ed their sealing ..at least on my 2015 14.44.5 ..fridges all sealed off and they even foam sealed the holes for wiring

Must have been a Tues,Wed build then during school holidays when the work experience kids are away.

Reactions: alexvk2