Drovers 14.44.3

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Bad luck with hail. Watched the storm progress on the BOM site as we have rellies in that area.
News reports showed it like snow.

The good news is that S E Qld had good rain, little wind and will look greener when you get back.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Under the awning would have worked @Crusty181, awning just pock marked not shredded so paintwork would have been good... I got a great laugh (probably as they couldn't find rocks to throw) when I pointed out to the fellas here, Navara, BT and Ranger blokes, that the only vehicle that the hail didn't damage was a Colorado so they must be tough....lol,lol.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Under the awning would have worked @Crusty181, awning just pock marked not shredded so paintwork would have been good... I got a great laugh (probably as they couldn't find rocks to throw) when I pointed out to the fellas here, Navara, BT and Ranger blokes, that the only vehicle that the hail didn't damage was a Colorado so they must be tough....lol,lol.
The Colorado ....... true Officer material. Leading from the rear.

Reactions: bigcol

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Ouch @Drover .
Good to see the glass body withstand the hail.
After seeing what the hail did to the aluminium clad vans a few years ago at the Melbourne caravan show we too like to stick to glass vans .

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
New vents fitted cost about $42 for the roof vent and wall vent was outer $10, inner $8 now just have to organise a new awning......only took about 30mins to do.....................water tight integrity is all good again.
Was advised to get the awning with new barrel as less problems later on.....

newroofvent.jpg ................................................ noholes.jpg .....no holes, yay

newvent01.jpg ..............................and the water transfer set up....toptank.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bahahahahahhaa, who said Sth Australians are slow ??????????/.....Victorians no doubt...............I've had those DUH !!! moments as well, I think it's caused by Carlton Beer...........
Mobile broadband here during the day is so slow I may need a new laptop before long....ggrrrrrrrrrrr.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
More fun and games............spy water dripping from near wheel arch!!!........after pulling shower taps out and finding no leak from joins closer inspection showed the pressure release valve on HWS was leaking from the flange for the bleed off, water from that as well as any that gets into the burner area then ran into the wall cavity thru the join of the outer and inner panel, so unscrewed the outer panel and sealed the wholething up so should be good now when it rains or gets washed.

Don't think I want to look at the wall behind the shower panel it might not be nice.
HWS01.jpg

With the outer panel removed. Water from rain or washing as well as leak worked between outer and inner panel and entered wall cavity. Only had a foam type gasket fitted, not anymore.

HWS02.jpg With the outer panel removed.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yahoo, the truck finally turned up with our new awning after all sorts of delays, took a week to get from docks to warehouse then3 days for Toll to get it 400 kms, should have picked the damn thing up..................Anyway my mate and I had the old one off and new one fitted quick smart and went rather smoothly, no instructions had to rely on Common Dog and we got it right, hate to think if we didn't.

Ordered a Camel Fade awning and as you can see in the pic it's not quite , but I don't care we can hit the road again now and continue
our meanderings.
Looks better in real life than the pic.

newawning02.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yahoo, the truck finally turned up with our new awning after all sorts of delays, took a week to get from docks to warehouse then3 days for Toll to get it 400 kms, should have picked the damn thing up..................Anyway my mate and I had the old one off and new one fitted quick smart and went rather smoothly, no instructions had to rely on Common Dog and we got it right, hate to think if we didn't.

Ordered a Camel Fade awning and as you can see in the pic it's not quite , but I don't care we can hit the road again now and continue
our meanderings.
Looks better in real life than the pic.

View attachment 36611
I like that color

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We wanted either the silver or camel but Camel was supposed to be in stock, then after I had paid it's not in stock, delayed a week waiting for container etc, etc but 2 weeks later we have it so it's all academic now.................old awning may end up as a pull out awning on mates shed with a shade sail replacing the vinyl, mount the old barrel on the wall and pull out the cover.
Thats what I would do at home with it just too big to lug a couple of thousand Kms home.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep @Crusty181 new roller and end fittings complete, $500 from caravansplus. Just slide one end in the track and drop the ends on the posts, screw up pull out split pin and away you go, just need 2 people and a trestle to stand on, no need to tension up or anything.

No wiring for leds @Marv_mart , don't need it anyway having the Leds on the van is better I think so many I've seen the Leds are failing.

Last edited: