Discovery Discovery 17-55-5SH towed by Commodore

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
I owned a hawk for 7 years and didnt do a single mod on it, it was stock standed, my first big mod was going to be LED lights, but it came with them already fitted, so now I am going to see if I can have this van for 7 years without a single mod!! My wife gets the spak filler out if I come inside with my cordless drill, I said something about drilling holes in the new cupboards to access power points, didnt get a good response. I am amazed at how many power points are hidden in the cupboards, and iy suprises me they dont drill holes with plastic around them so you can drop cords down to them, seems a waste to me. I am stoked with the new van set up was just a way bit quicker than the hawk.

Lizard

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Love it mate!!!!

You have got me excited now we pick-up ours in a week and a bit :)!!!!

If you get any internal shots would love to see them..............

Our first mod is going to be to fit some rails for a bed convertor and get some foam etc made up until Jayco can get us another pillow.

Will just make a bit more room for the bottom bunk!

17.55.5SH Bed Conversion 1.jpg

17.55.5SH Bed Conversion 2.jpg

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
I owned a hawk for 7 years and didnt do a single mod on it, it was stock standed, my first big mod was going to be LED lights, but it came with them already fitted, so now I am going to see if I can have this van for 7 years without a single mod!! My wife gets the spak filler out if I come inside with my cordless drill, I said something about drilling holes in the new cupboards to access power points, didnt get a good response. I am amazed at how many power points are hidden in the cupboards, and iy suprises me they dont drill holes with plastic around them so you can drop cords down to them, seems a waste to me. I am stoked with the new van set up was just a way bit quicker than the hawk.

Lizard
re the accessing the gpo's lizard, you can drill holes through then install the round plastic guards like the same in desks where all the computer wiring runs through, readlily available from officeworks/ bunnings. i've done it to our just for that exact reason to access those gpo's.

i would practise on spare wood first as the hole saw bit can bits and chip the wood though, but by applying masking tape to the area where you want to drill SHOULD prevent chipping damage, plus this will give you points with SWMBO too giving her perception of your drilling skills. LOL. Pace.

Reactions: fishinglizard

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Pace forgot to add...glue or silicone the plastic thingies into place so wife can't check work hole-saw work to closely.

XF,thanks for looking over my shoulder mate, Pace.

I think I might give it a go, does that mean I have broken the 7 year mod drought?

FL, did you really think your van was going to remain standard. LOL. Pace.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Vey nice mate, you can rename the title in the thread tools option if you have any problem let me know what title you would like to change it too :thumb: