14' Series diesel heater from heatso.com now installed.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
The original display, is it in a cupboard? I wonder if it could still be getting its temp info from in the cupboard rather than the remote? I don't know anything about the technical side but thought it might be worth asking:doh: Don't yell at me if I am a fool lol

Reactions: dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The original display, is it in a cupboard? I wonder if it could still be getting its temp info from in the cupboard rather than the remote? I don't know anything about the technical side but thought it might be worth asking:doh: Don't yell at me if I am a fool lol

No the only display is the one in the photo which is out in the open above the fridge.

It also has a separate temperature sensor which I have installed just above the control unit.

Apparently they normally use a sensor on the air inlet which could be an issue as its pulling air inside the cupboard.

I would have thought since it's showing correctly on the display it would tell the heater to shut off, but initial reply from heasto is that it may only provide the display temp.

Seems very odd to me.

Reactions: Sammy D

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Slightly different to your problem but our Planar would heat the van so well and would then cycle on and off and annoy me as it was at it's noisiest then. @Tone told me he just run his on manual so I did that and it just ticks along on the lowest setting whick is 1kw apparently works a treat. Maybe you can run yours like this as well? Just an idea. Cheers.

Reactions: Dove

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Slightly different to your problem but our Planar would heat the van so well and would then cycle on and off and annoy me as it was at it's noisiest then. @Tone told me he just run his on manual so I did that and it just ticks along on the lowest setting whick is 1kw apparently works a treat. Maybe you can run yours like this as well? Just an idea. Cheers.

Not sure how the Planar controls operate, but the Eberspatcher doesn't really have a manual mode, you just set the temp and turn it on.

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
I'm sure eberspacher will come back with some info re your problem but just thought I'd check one thing. I use the same easy select controller (didn't get the remote so it might be different) and I remember having to short two wires together from the loom. Only mentioning this as it wasn't obvious in the instructions as they had wiring diagrams for lots of different controls and would be easy to miss. I don't know what happens if this isn't done but just thought I'd mention it in case.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I'm sure eberspacher will come back with some info re your problem but just thought I'd check one thing. I use the same easy select controller (didn't get the remote so it might be different) and I remember having to short two wires together from the loom. Only mentioning this as it wasn't obvious in the instructions as they had wiring diagrams for lots of different controls and would be easy to miss. I don't know what happens if this isn't done but just thought I'd mention it in case.

I'll check that out, as I didn't see that on the diagram I followed.

I had a specific one for the combination of both controllers, so might be different, but worth checking out, thanks.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
No I'm still having problems with the temperature.

I'm waiting for some feedback from heatso engineers for suggestions.
Finally sorted out the thermostat, ended up getting a 2nd temperature sensor, and fitting it as suggested - still nothing.

I went through all of the wiring diagrams and found a minor difference in the wiring, so I changed it and bingo, now all working.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Nice to find the problem and sort it out...it annoys otherwise.

So you're now ready for summer....or next winter?

Reactions: dagree

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Rather annoying when the instructions are either incorrect or not clear enough! The time you waste in rechecking everything only to find the instructions wrong.
All set for those cold nights now.
Just in case - The instructions for the Planar unit advised to have the fuel line sloping up to the unit from the pump, whereas you have a large loop below the floor.

Glen

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Rather annoying when the instructions are either incorrect or not clear enough! The time you waste in rechecking everything only to find the instructions wrong.
All set for those cold nights now.
Just in case - The instructions for the Planar unit advised to have the fuel line sloping up to the unit from the pump, whereas you have a large loop below the floor.

Glen

Yeah its annoying all right !!, but I'm not the kind of person who lets this sort of thing go. I just emailed heasto and sent them the diagrams that I used to work it out, so if they have any other customers with this issue, they can advise a bit more accurately. They were very helpful with their support though, so I can't really criticize them.

With the sloping up of the fuel line, I actually neglected to put 1 photo in. Eberspacher also said to slope the fuel line up, which I did.

IMG_3372.JPG

Reactions: Johnno48 and Drover