14' Series diesel heater from heatso.com now installed.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
OK guys, those of you who have the Eberspacher heaters, does anyone have the Easystart Remote+ controller ?

I have the Easystart Select and I've ordered the Remote+, and I was wondering if they will work together, or either/or ?

Conatcted heatso.com, and they are really responsive and helpful with their feedback.

Turns out I can connect the Easystart Select and Easystart Remote+ in parallel, so happy days 8-) easystart-select-eberspachergv_enl.jpg remote+.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I tried very hard to work one into the instal, but the heater could only go on the road side and that left only under floor duct work.

It would be a great option tho.

Have you?
No but if I did it also would need to be under floor duct work with a closable vent .

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Look out....beware....you'll be rivalling Crusty with your dress code soon.

:cheerful:

We've certainly decided that, if we travel in cold weather, we need more than the Heron aircon though it was better than anticipated. I'll definately add a fan heater so we might spend more time in caravan parks.

Or we might just avoid cold places....or camp with friends who have diesel heaters.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I am seriously considering getting one of these. We have the 14.44-4 so only a small van.
How hot do the actual units themselves get? do they need to have an air gap/shroud placed around them so nothing is near them?
Has anyone had a reason to call on them for an issue and how did you find them?
What did people use for a fuel tank?

Thanks

BJ

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I am seriously considering getting one of these. We have the 14.44-4 so only a small van.
How hot do the actual units themselves get? do they need to have an air gap/shroud placed around them so nothing is near them?
Has anyone had a reason to call on them for an issue and how did you find them?
What did people use for a fuel tank?

Thanks

BJ

They get warm on the outlet end, but I can still put my hand on it. It doesn't need much gap at all. The only thing that needs clearance is the exhaust underneath.

I sent them quite a few emails with questions and found they answered very quickly and we're happy to help.

I used a boat fuel tank that sits on the ground under the dosing pump rather than a permanently installed tank.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
I will try and take some pictures for you tomorrow Bj.

I am in complete agreement with @mfexpanda, crusty was spot on in his praise for them, especially if you free camp in cold climates. I ran ours non stop last night on around five litres of diesel, I was a bit worried about if the battery would run the fan that long but we still had plenty of power left over in the am and the van was beautiful all night.

It has freed us up so we will only cart our Genny in the summer when we need to run the aircon