18' Series Decided on a full annex from Aussie Traveller

Lozza T

Aug 13, 2016
Melbourne
Hi all.
I have done a backflip on the privacy screens and have decided to go a full annex.
I was initially thinking that I would get a long wall screen, 1 side wall screen and 1 extended roof & screen for the draw bar end. All this was going to cost around $900.
Spending 2 weeks at The Prom with the Victorian mozzies and fly's was enough to convince me to find the 2k for a full annex
I have booked a measure with Aussie Traveller who will be able to supply and fit before Christmas.
It was kinda of a rushed decision in the end to find a supplier that could do it before we head off on Boxing Day.
Has anyone got an Annex from Aussie Traveller?
This s a photo of their new design awing.

Attachments

• Aus Trav Standard Walls.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Your post prompted me to double check our order so I didn't leave it till the last minute.

And...your change of heart seems sensible but, don't forget you'll stiil get mozzies in the annex fly screened area viav the underside of the van. ..the only solution to that is to get a skirt fitted directly to the lower part of the van to stop the rotten buzzers.

Do you know if the aussie traveller afk bars have the double sail track as standard or do you need to specify that?
and...are they recommending a central rafter for best water runoff?

(Both questions I need to resolve for our setup)

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Found the answers ......to the above

Aussie traveller AFK have the double sail track as standard....and sunbuster also have them now as standard.

Central rafter, they say, is not necessary, but we'll get it as a precaution ....wind and rain we seem to attract so any extra bracing / rigidity can only be helpful.

If it saves me having to put things undercover quickly, it's got to be good.
I hate dropping the awning quickly and having the stuff under the awning shoved wherever it fits.

:o>:(

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Lozza T

Aug 13, 2016
Melbourne
Your post prompted me to double check our order so I didn't leave it till the last minute.

And...your change of heart seems sensible but, don't forget you'll stiil get mozzies in the annex fly screened area viav the underside of the van. ..the only solution to that is to get a skirt fitted directly to the lower part of the van to stop the rotten buzzers.

Yes. I will be getting the side skirt fitted to the van which is included.

Do you know if the aussie traveller afk bars have the double sail track as standard or do you need to specify that?
and...are they recommending a central rafter for best water runoff?

Yes. Double sail. Here are some details.
Screenshot_2016-12-02-22-58-22.png
Screenshot_2016-12-02-22-58-52.png
(Both questions I need to resolve for our setup)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol