Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

Bridgetw19

Oct 19, 2016
Country
We have the cafe dinette but wanted the L lounge but ballarat Jayco had none in stock for us to see so we ordered as a dinette instead. We thought the table wouldn’t be big enough for 5 people to eat on the table at once.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Your certainly getting plenty of miles out of the van Dave and using it as they should be well done .

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
With the newer L shape vans they come with the gas lift table leg. Which goes down easy and you just put a cushion on. No working out where you put the table.. The table also moves sideways etc.

So you have heard that too Dave ? All the L shaped come with the mapa legs ?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just noticed we also went away Bellarine Big4 for School holidays for 11 nights
I thought I put a post up :( internet was playing up a bit down there

Angus replaced his Bell himself was very proud boy.
Went for a few day trips to look at the beach too cold to swim. Even was cold to go to the heated pool :)
Boys had fun I worked from the van the first week.

Park was not full site wise. Although cabins where packed.
Winter deal at $45 a night for the family great value
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_5741.JPG
IMG_5742.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5779.JPG
IMG_5792.JPG
IMG_5823.JPG
IMG_5842.JPG

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
All the ones I seen Jimmy do now from I think 2016 onwards.

We put it in the dinette although be a lot better L shape.

So you decided on a new van yet :)

Thanks Dave yeah chosen a 19ft journey , going L shaped and dealer said the mapa legs were standard but you know Jayco dealers!

Reactions: davemc and G Daddy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Thanks Dave yeah chosen a 19ft journey , going L shaped and dealer said the mapa legs were standard but you know Jayco dealers!
All the ones I have seen have those legs so I take it as standard although I make sure its noted on the paper work :)
They work very well. Although being a dinette we need to life both cushions at the same time to get it down..
Its great you can slide it over when you have a fat gut and take up too much room :)
So a new build thread coming soon :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Great park, daughter and I did a night down there a few months ago.
We go probably 2-3 times a year normally wait for cheap rates with 4 kids :)

You can sub-let the extra space on those Bellarine sites @davemc
The people who came after the old swan had friends on the next site with a 22.68 and asked if they could co locate so their little ones could play easier.
Although was told no..

Compare the Bellarine site to the Ayres Rock one :) We paid a lot more $ for :)
Always laugh at that picture as Sarah is sitting on the next peoples site. Past the naughty line... They moved over so we can put a few chairs out.

image-jpeg.44881

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We go probably 2-3 times a year normally wait for cheap rates with 4 kids :)

The people who came after the old swan had friends on the next site with a 22.68 and asked if they could co locate so their little ones could play easier.
Although was told no..

Compare the Bellarine site to the Ayres Rock one :) We paid a lot more $ for :)
Always laugh at that picture as Sarah is sitting on the next peoples site. Past the naughty line... They moved over so we can put a few chairs out.

image-jpeg.44881
Thats prime red dirt real estate there at Ayres Rock Dave. I don't recall it being too bad when we were there, are you sure your not accidentally camping in the van storage area or supermarket carpark

I went to Bellarine with my eldest kids and grandkids in the middle of winter last year (zero degrees overnight). The pricks charged an extra $100 for 2 nights to have the kids 2 x cabins close to our powered site, and the park was all but empty. Its a great spot for kids, but they obviously havent realised the kids neither pay nor tow the van. It was extraordinarily over priced anyway, so I cant see myself ever donating to those price gouging turds again.

Reactions: Drover and G Daddy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Crusty181 the people at the front at Ayres rock have no idea. We tried to swap they said they full even though we booked weeks before and said 22.. the people on the side of us booked I think 6 months in advance for the best spot :) I walked around that night found a few spare spots where you can open your awning.
We where just above the overflow which is cheap and open.. Next to all the school tents :(

We really like Bellarine.. for where it is too pricey hence we go on specials only..
Yes lots to do for the kids although you need to drive everywhere.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 the people at the front at Ayres rock have no idea. We tried to swap they said they full even though we booked weeks before and said 22.. the people on the side of us booked I think 6 months in advance for the best spot :) I walked around that night found a few spare spots where you can open your awning.
We where just above the overflow which is cheap and open.. Next to all the school tents :(

We really like Bellarine.. for where it is too pricey hence we go on specials only..
Yes lots to do for the kids although you need to drive everywhere.
Ayres Rock was empty when we were there and I recall our site was big enough, but had the only tree in the place right where our awning should be. I vaguely recall there being issues with other sites around us being "specifically booked" although the entire place was virually empty and each site looked no different to the others. The alternate site they reluctantly offered us faced the arvo sun, so the one we had was better even without an awning. Ironically the one we preferred that we could have remianed vacant the entire 4 days we where there. Maybe those same unhelpful people also run bellarine >:(

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My RAAF mob had a reunion there at Bellerine but once I saw the prices they charged even with the so called discount I gave it a big miss, pity as it would be a good spot to stop to do some visiting, similar to Gold Coast ripp off rates.........looks very nice though.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@Drover over Christmas gets up to $218 for a site for 6 ouch.. $45 winter special is good.
its 90 mins away I really like the Bellarine area I move there if I could get the votes from the family :)
Winter the fact it has roads that do not turn to mud is a giant plus. Sites do not turn to mud after one shower.
The ensuite style bathrooms good with kids you can take 4 in and shower them with ease.
Lots of kids things and movie night each night the boys love.
Giant sites make things easier with the 22. Not getting to the site then going back to the front and say how do we fit the car and van onto the site :)
This time around the pool was not overly warm this year think went in only a few times.

We been there I think around 10 times now :) This Tocomwal, Parkland Bendigo and Windmill Ballarat we been to a few times.
Would like to do RACV Cobram again. Although think you need to book school holidays a few months out which does not work with an Nurse roster.

Reactions: Drover and DRW