Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
We had the 5yo lock us out over Xmas, now there is a spare set of van keys in the car and car keys in the van, just hope that the spares aren't locked away if it ever happens again, not that the door would be too hard to jimmy open but the cost to repair or replace would make me think twice about it, and the fact that you cant secure it for travelling any other way.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Mmmmmm.....makes me wonder whether it's better to keep the essential tools in the car or the van.

We've always kept them in the car but maybe it's an idea to do both.

As per @davemc 's experience...but with us, no onboard kids, we just need to rely on our intermittent memory.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
View attachment 47295
So we off for a week down bug4 bellarine left late of course so did not weight the rig like I wanted to

Setup the annex and for the first time porch
Then found out the van been locked both sets of keys inside. Had to get our ten year old to climb in via roof hatch .

Worked out if you lock the lock inside and close the door it locks do not think it is ever done that before.

Looks good !

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Kids supposed to be sleeping
got wetter walking back from the pool today although cleared up now

image.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
A few more pics from Bellarine I thought I put up before :(
Tom really wants to drive a digger @Bluey
IMG_3838.JPG
Angry kids
IMG_3848.JPG
Cricket
IMG_3870.JPG
Swimming Portarlington we bumped into Connors friend from school then other people we know from mums group.
Seems a place to be might look to do a trip down there although the park looked pretty squished in
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5747.JPG
Angus does not like birds for some reason
IMG_5736.JPG

More caravan pics as we are a caravan forum
IMG_3894.JPG IMG_3896.JPG

Picked up a new toy "sorry car" for me. Was looking to get a MUX although none for the $'s I had, then went do we really need two 4WD's so got a bigger Mini so I can fit the kids in. Has 6 doors including 2 on the back :) Came from QLD so had to get it inspected to drive in vic.

IMG_3901.JPG
IMG_3912.JPG

We off to Tocomwal again tomorrow for long weekend

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
We are camped at port arlington well the wife and kids are im in melb go back there tomoz after work was there monday after we got heated off van park is good not to squashed in.. that front bit is we are in same row but much further down where the trees are much better than that bit with no trees and we have bigger sites room for 4 cars a back yard and beach front site 5 min walk you would have found the wife and kids
I would love to give the young fella a go on the diggers but not with this company too many rules when i use to work in streets i gave heaps of young kids a go

Reactions: davemc

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Yes mate the wife is there 7 nights i was there sunday set up at 1230 stayed till 10 pm cane home then monday got there 230 left at 9 home at 10 ..... leave work at werribee south 330 tomoz ..... leave with van on Sunday so 4 more days for me add that on to our month away at chrissy van was only home 5 days before we left again for port

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Been at Tocumwal for the long weekend. Annex up for second weekend in a row. Even with a ensuite site I be emptying the funny tomorrow ;(

IMG_3958.JPG IMG_3959.JPG
It's been hot although a new ice cream shop was a good find for the one kid who came for a ride with dad. The rest were annoyed when we came back, it was to hot got to bring them some back from the walk
IMG_3961.JPG
the $11.89 fan from the big green shed worked well in the annex it's been hot every day.
IMG_3972.JPG
Lucky it cools down at night
Had a slippery slide out at the park brings back
Memories only one dad had a turn ;)

IMG_3970.JPG
Yes more ice creams amazingly everyone came to the shop next walk ;)
IMG_3964.JPG

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok first time away since Australia Day between people being sick and work yes 4 months :(

Went up to Bright stayed at the Big4 first time up this way was pretty nice although cold :)
Went up to Mount Hotham two days the road up there was icy in a few parts so took it slow, there are a few straight down bits.
Although saw a ute flipped on the way down Sunday lucky they where up on the phone and ok.

Kids had a lot of fun up at the Snow the weekend before snow season starts so its free and all they needed was a little patch to play with.
Yes thats me in long pants and jacket, got hot soon afterwards so back to short sleeves although left shorts in the van :)

upload_2017-6-6_23-1-4.png

upload_2017-6-6_23-1-15.png
upload_2017-6-6_23-1-30.png

upload_2017-6-6_23-1-46.png

upload_2017-6-6_23-2-26.png

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
ok first time away since Australia Day between people being sick and work yes 4 months :(

Went up to Bright stayed at the Big4 first time up this way was pretty nice although cold :)
Went up to Mount Hotham two days the road up there was icy in a few parts so took it slow, there are a few straight down bits.
Although saw a ute flipped on the way down Sunday lucky they where up on the phone and ok.

Kids had a lot of fun up at the Snow the weekend before snow season starts so its free and all they needed was a little patch to play with.
Yes thats me in long pants and jacket, got hot soon afterwards so back to short sleeves although left shorts in the van :)

View attachment 49685

View attachment 49686View attachment 49687

View attachment 49688
View attachment 49689
The little people are growing up

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Looks like a great day have to take my kids to the snow but i hate it its too cold
5 stars @davemc was your van heater ok did it keep up

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Looks like a great day have to take my kids to the snow but i hate it its too cold
5 stars @davemc was your van heater ok did it keep up

Ran two ceramic heaters as had a powered site and electric blankets.
Although over night ran one heater on real low got down under 0 most nights
Kids had multiple layers on

Weird all our cupboards got condensation as the doors shut so left them slightly open the second and third night.

Snow was fine was around 0 although nice and sunny I took the jacket off and only used gloves to throw snowballs at kids :)
Had to say not to take big bits of ice and throw it as too hard.

The little people are growing up
Yes bigger and bigger and eating more and more :)
been over a year since we caught up with you :)

Should add Bright would be really nice in summer water park in town and slides into the river.
Spent an hour up and a hour back from the mountain each day.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So I eventually did the table leg. I have been waiting for someone else to go first on the cafe dinette although no one did.
The one thing I did not like about the van was we have a kid using the table as a bed. So then as it's a pain to setup and un setup with extra piece of ply. We just left it as a bed 99% of the time

So brought the leg bolted it through the floor and it all working

IMG_9347.JPG