16' Series Daisy is nearly here!

OZSHEP

Oct 5, 2012
Sandhurst Melbourne
Hi all, just want to introduce ourselves as we make our first tentative step into the land of Expandas. We are, Dad (Paul), Mum (Jac) and 5yr old son- who has already christened the Van, Daisy! We are hopefully going to take delivery of our ‘16-49-1’ in approx 20 days ( who's counting?), and are very excited.

We’re pretty new to the camping scene and have made a couple of false starts with a purchase of a OZtrail Tent Trailer, then a Jayco Hawk. Got caught in the rain and wind once to often, and they both got sold quick smart on ebay . . We have been eyeing off the expandas for 12 mths now while saving our pennys and have managed to put a few goodies in the van.

Hot water
External shower
150 litre fridge
Privacy screens
Air conditioning
Picnic table
TV arial

Of course this is only the start of the list of things we’d like to include but it will be a work in progress. This site is fantastic and full of great ideas. It’s great to have experienced Expanda owners sharing their knowledge with us newbies. So THANKS from the soon-to-be Daisy’s owners and hope to chat soon.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
:welcome:
Ahh yes I remember the upgrade cycle too and those days where I propped up a tent trailer that sagged under a torrential downpour with anything I could find whilst trying to sink a tinnie at the same time.
You don't have long to wait where you too will sit at the table of your new van and peer out the window at the site beside you and observe someone else in a tent trailer propping up a tent in a torrential downpour. The tinnie obviously is easier to sink in the van whilst observing as opposed to saving a tent.
Enjoy the forum.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome to the Expanda family. "Daisy" sounds a good name to me, must be a smart young lad you've got there. I'm sure you'll enjoy the opportunities your new van will provide. Look forward to you sharing your stories with us all.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Ozshep. :welcome: I'm sure the three of you will have a ball with 'Daisy'. Remember to post some pix when she arrives and keep us posted on your travels.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome Paul and Jac.

It seems everyone goes through that cycle of tent camper to caravan, some do it quicker than others.

We too wet from tent to an Eagle camper, but lack of space saw us move to our setup.

20 days, I remember those days, coudln't wait for it get here, now those times those seem sooooo far away.

You will love the Expanda, once again :welcome:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Ozshep, and welcome, coming from what you had you will love the expanda. We also had a huge camper trailer, love the room but setup/packup way too long....enjoy guys!

Cheers,
Burnsy.

OZSHEP

Oct 5, 2012
Sandhurst Melbourne
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :wave: (19 days to go!). Brad you hit the nail right on the head! We are so looking forward to being the at the table of our new van, (19 days to go!) peering out the window at the site beside us, observing someone else in a tent trailer propping up a tent in a torrential downpour ( 19 days to go!) All I can say is 'poor buggers' ( 19 days to go!) By the way, did I mention we only have "19 days to go ?!!!":bounce:

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :wave: (19 days to go!). Brad you hit the nail right on the head! We are so looking forward to being the at the table of our new van, (19 days to go!) peering out the window at the site beside us, observing someone else in a tent trailer propping up a tent in a torrential downpour ( 19 days to go!) All I can say is 'poor buggers' ( 19 days to go!) By the way, did I mention we only have "19 days to go ?!!!":bounce:

Welcome :)

So is it 19 days or 18.5???

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Welcome aboard the good ship poppy top.

This is a great forum and it really helped us take the plunge too. Ours doesn't arrive until December. We're the same as everyone else it seems - went from a major tent and tarp set up that got so big we needed a trailer to move it, to a C/T, and now the Panda. Nice options too, btw.

I'm especially curious to see how decent the external shower is after going 3 days without one last weekend in the C/T!