Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oooohh, I like that one, consider it pinched, soon as I put my Colorado back together I'm making a couple of them.......I'll even engrave "CDLSDWFLS" on it and Made In QlD so it isn't confused with other types.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
for a Victorian you have some smart ideas @Crusty181 ( I still don't understand why you need a heater)
We're plonked at Halls Gap for a few days in the Grampians. Beautiful arrival weather yesterday ..... diesel heater on this morning. Its cold and drizzly. You may be picking up a theme. Victorias weather is unique, and even in summer "cold" is always around the corner

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Even on the road im punch'in out mods. Fitted this First Alert gas alarm.

Its ugly and huge, but has a tiny weenie power requirment. (even more so because its technically not quite connected to the battery yet)
View attachment 37504
(its one of those tricky 3D images... looking closely some people can see a diesel heater outlet)

Well done mate! Is that a DEISEL HEATER OUTLET??

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Also like that idea!

And.....what's a diesel heater? Are they effective? Never heard of one....or, maybe, just a few times.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So heater outlet above plastic LPG detector, does something ring bells here ?????????????:boink:

While bolting the Super Colorado back together I found just the bit of tube to construct a couple of "CDLSDWFLS" for The Tardis and SIL's Swan.

Mmmmmm. "SupaRado", might be a new name for truck !!!!!!!!!

Have a great time away Mr Crusty181 and make sure you enjoy yourselves.....................:couch2:

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ive invented these things as part of my multi point van security armament. I figure the more small things i can do, the more inconvenience i create and the more likely that crooks will leave my van alone ..... and focus on someone elses
View attachment 37505

Theyre certainly more effective on slopping sites, but they will work to some degree everywhere.

More often than not, a site will slope in one direction or another. The site we're currently on slopes down toward the back, and the front of the van (and hitch) is only 200mm off the ground.
View attachment 37506

Locking the "Crusty Drop Leg Super Dooper World Famous Lock System" onto the rear drop leg winder, evil turds cant lift the hitch onto a car, because the stablising legs cant be wound up. If the site slopes to the front, they attach to the front winders stopping the hitch from being lowered onto a car
View attachment 37507

Ill also remove my jockey wheel and use a car stand in its place ...

Just a quick question
What happens if they just pull the Red catch and hit the leg (just tested that on mine) the leg just flips and then they can raise the front
?

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Dont forget the big lobster at kingston se you can drive on the beach from kingston to cape jaffa and back not with van though good drive nice long beach

Beach at Kingston when I was there a month or so was waist deep in seaweed for miles, really liked the area................I'll be back.

Reactions: Delano