Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks the goods................................ just have to keep it clean or you will be in strife.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The privacy screen comparison pick ... so it can clearly be seen the choice was well thought out and dare I say, a perfect choice

20180111_065249.jpg

The Crusty sweat shop

20180914_105051-resized-2048.jpg

20180914_105952-resized-2048.jpg

Reactions: PhilW and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So long as I don't break Mrs D's sewing machine I have made all manner of screens, bags and things over the years....... tends to baulk at 3 layers though have only destroyed one machine, canvas saddle bags was the cause of it's demise......

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Nice parking spot that one in Port Macquarie!
That second tap is that the beer tap?
Yes, that is a bit of a prime corner allotment. The pine tree pushes that side back away from the road making the site a little bigger.
On the wrong side of the van for a beer tap. Thats the "rinse the dirty cookware" hot tap

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats the "rinse the dirty cookware" hot tap

Wow, I had the same idea ages ago but then had a reality check and thought would I walk all that way to rinse a plate ? Nah, so it never happened .....
No Billy Lids now so it falls into my job description so I am told.... and who am I to argue.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Wow, I had the same idea ages ago but then had a reality check and thought would I walk all that way to rinse a plate ? Nah, so it never happened .....
No Billy Lids now so it falls into my job description so I am told.... and who am I to argue.
Paper plates is the answer, then you can move the redundant hot water tap to the near side and put the beer barell in the box.
Life wasn't ment to be so easy

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
No plates, cup, fine china or crystal goblets @Drover, only filthy grease and fat laden frying equip etc which I dont want oooooozing through my plumbing. Ill walk the 15ft for that one

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Of course makes sense now, being of a slightly older vintage we don't have that sort of stuff on our plates, very lean bit of cow if lucky and rabbit food, many moons ago when real food was dished up we had a dog which pre washed dishes, taught by the kids I think and a horse or 2 would help out gladly, great barbie plate cleaners as well.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Its not bad but mine are black and they look great 5 stars for trying 3 stars for end result im harsh but fair lol

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Ignore my sarky smart ar$e comments @Crusty181, great job, :clap2: I wouldn't be game to attempt to use Mrs CR's new sewing machine mainly because I haven't a clue how to turn it on. She is still learning all the tricks it can do,

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I haven't a clue how to turn it on
The sewing machine is something I shared with my mum, until she handed all control to me. I regularly use your excuse with the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, iron, any and all cleaning products, oven, stove, lawn mower, edger, vacuum, brain. It never works, but the interference I run and the efforts I go to gets me out of at least 25% of it ;)

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I retired the blue mesh privacy screen that served us very over the last 4 years, and despite vocal opposition from the Princess, today i made and fitted a "stone" coloured replacement in a feeble effort to reduce the contrast and coordinate the mesh colour closer to the white van. Thoughts? (If you dont support my choice keep ya pie hole shut, im fielding enough negativity here)

View attachment 61844
The beautiful (now Stone coloured) privacy screen stays permanently attached to the underside of the lid with 5 x S/S hook plates behind the rubber seal. The mesh is 70% shade which is highest shade that still provides at least some view though it. The screen has 8mm shock cord sleeved through the full length of the upper and lower edge to keep its beautiful shape, and the 4 x ends of the shock cord have S/S key rings which clip into S/S hook plates on the van body when the screens in use. Its the same system Ive used successfully on 3 screens across 2 Expandas over the last 10 years. (this Stone/White one is by far the best one)

There also is a permanent 8mm shock cord across under the lid between the lid gas strut brackets. On pack up, that shock cord pulls forward under the unclipped screen to neatly store the screen up out of the way when its not in use. Maybe more complicated in this txt, than in practical use. In the field it literally takes 10 seconds to deploy and attached the screen, and 20 seconds to pack and secure out of the way.

20180914_150053-resized-2048.jpg

Reactions: G Daddy and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't even bother with privacy screens, actually after some pics we have seen maybe your privacy scree s should be portable especially when at the beach....