Ifocus

Jun 17, 2022
Gonesurfing64
Hey @Crusty181 back on page 22 you changed out your shock absorbers using Dobinsons as replacements.

I am looking to change out the shocks on my Jayco Outback 17.58 single axle and was going to do the same as your self (use Dobinsons GS45-643) my shocks measured the same as yours but I am having trouble finding a supplier.

Where did you source yours from I am in WA thanks.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G’day @Ifocus and welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here but if you want to ask someone particular a question then precede their forum name with ’@‘ as in @Crusty181 which will bring up an indicator that some one has addressed them with a comment or question. This gives you a better chance of an answer.
Enjoy the forum and ask away.

Reactions: Ifocus

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Crusty181 back on page 22 you changed out your shock absorbers using Dobinsons as replacements.

I am looking to change out the shocks on my Jayco Outback 17.58 single axle and was going to do the same as your self (use Dobinsons GS45-643) my shocks measured the same as yours but I am having trouble finding a supplier.

Where did you source yours from I am in WA thanks.
Hey @Ifocus, Dobinsons sell their products online if thats an option. The local Jayco dealer had one Jayco/Pedders part number for the Pedders default shocks so they are the same on all Jtech 1 variants, ie dual/single, big/small van.

From my research the factory shocks are the same dimensions; capacity, extension and compression as Navara 2005 R51 Pathfinder rear shocks, i ran this info past Dobinsons and although they didnt 'endorse' it directly the wink was good enough. The rear axle load rating of a Pathfinder was close enough to half my vans 3t weight, so 4 x on my dual axle van was a perfect match. (Although Jayco/Pedders put the same ones on all variants anyway).

I ran with Dobinsons only because they help me out when every other industry source was spectacularly useless, so its safe to suggest any brand supplier (of which there are many) of 2005 R51 Pathfinder rear shocks is suitable ... just pick your favourite brand.

Ifocus

Jun 17, 2022
Gonesurfing64
Hey @Ifocus, Dobinsons sell their products online if thats an option. The local Jayco dealer had one Jayco/Pedders part number for the Pedders default shocks so they are the same on all Jtech 1 variants, ie dual/single, big/small van.

From my research the factory shocks are the same dimensions; capacity, extension and compression as Navara 2005 R51 Pathfinder rear shocks, i ran this info past Dobinsons and although they didnt 'endorse' it directly the wink was good enough. The rear axle load rating of a Pathfinder was close enough to half my vans 3t weight, so 4 x on my dual axle van was a perfect match. (Although Jayco/Pedders put the same ones on all variants anyway).

I ran with Dobinsons only because they help me out when every other industry source was spectacularly useless, so its safe to suggest any brand supplier (of which there are many) of 2005 R51 Pathfinder rear shocks is suitable ... just pick your favourite brand.
Thanks @Crusty181

Reactions: Crusty181