18' Series cracks...

pgapes

Aug 16, 2011
We took our 18.57-6 for our first overnigher, much fun. The Redarc electric brake controller worked a treat and the Disco 4 towed like a dream bringing us (6 in tow) safely.

I washed the van and noticed in the front Expand has a couple of hairline cracks in the fibreglass.

Does anybody have a fix?

Also we are wanting to add mating to the floor, any suggestions? The manual indicates rubber mats leave marks on the linoleum?

Kind regards...

pgapes

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day pg. As to your cracks, see my post http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/222-Expanda-Roof. You should be able to get them sorted out under warranty.

For matting, we had some sisal type indoor/outdoor type carpet laying around so we just measured up around the inside and cut 3 pieces to fit, one from the door to the fridge, one from the edge of the first to the bed, and one for under the table. The second one required a bit of fiddling to go around the shower and into the corner with the wardrobe but it works well. It is fairly course under foot but each piece can be easily lifted and shaken outside.

Paul

richard

Jun 9, 2011
G'day pg. As to your cracks, see my post http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/222-Expanda-Roof. You should be able to get them sorted out under warranty.

For matting, we had some sisal type indoor/outdoor type carpet laying around so we just measured up around the inside and cut 3 pieces to fit, one from the door to the fridge, one from the edge of the first to the bed, and one for under the table. The second one required a bit of fiddling to go around the shower and into the corner with the wardrobe but it works well. It is fairly course under foot but each piece can be easily lifted and shaken outside.

Paul

Do you have any photos of the carpet in. Sounds like a good idea to follow up on and easier to clean out after 4 kids have been roaming around inside with dirty boots on.

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
gd pg
we went to bunnings on sat and bought 2 metres of carpet $73 and while away sat night i cut it to suit the floor itts a few inches short one end we have 16/49/3 but ill just stick a bit of the cut off there
apart from a cpl of little mistakes it looks factory fitted and easy to pull out and clean.
cheers